moving characters to different PCs

foxhoman

After months of saving money, I've got enough to buy an AlienWare M18X, which I'm going to get while I'm in Canada for my sister's high school graduation, and visiting for around a month. But my fear is that the Steam Cloud won't let me get all my characters from one computer to the next. A while ago, my laptop's hardrive crashed and I lost everything. What ever, I'll just redownload it. However, out of my dozen or so Skyrim characters, I only got 1 save and 3 auto saves. About 200 hours on characters completely gone. So I'm wondering if there is a way to manually (say, with a USB memory stick) transfer my characters so I don't lose another 150 hours (well, will probably be 200-250 since I'm not leaving for a month and a half) of character making.

It could just be that my internet wasn't fully syncing my steam cloud, even though it said it was 100% synced, and my sister has better internet so it may not repeat itself, but just in case, is there any way to manually move characters? On Diablo II, you go into the Diablo file and pull out your saved games, put 'em on what ever, and put 'em on another computer, and slap them back into the diablo file, and voila, transferred. I've checked but couldn't find anything like that in my skyrim file, so I'm hoping there is just something I missed.

Best Wishes,

-FoxHoman

I personally don't trust the Steam cloud much, what can I say, so I just every once in a while specially before installing big mods) copy one of my latest saves to the desktop and later upload it to dropbox for backup. That's pretty much the only transfer method I know, in any case, and it's always useful to have saves in case things go bad.