How to get rid of the radioactive HDR?

Hellyea

Hi all, i've a problem with HDR that is too much bright both in exterior/interior cell, reading around the web it seems a common problem with the game itself, i wanna know if there's a way to fix it via ini settings or a mod that address this problem. (i dont remember if i have similar problem with weather all natural but i dont want to use because it cause instability on my experience with it)

Thanks in advance and sorry for my English.

Edited by Hellyea

I have a text file saved from who knows how long ago that has some settings that were suggested somewhere or other (probably some old forum post). When I saw your thread this morning I had a look at my current guys Oblivion.ini as well as the one used by my previous two characters (so going back to when I started to play Oblivion). All of those Oblivion.ini have the default settings, but I do recall twiddling around with it a long time ago. Apparently I wasn't happy with it.

In any case they are just settings that can easily be switched back if you don't care for it either. Here's what I have:

[blurShaderHDRInterior] Reduce blinding effect on objects and NPC's
fBrightScale = 2.2500 (Default)
Change to:
fBrightScale = 0.2500
&
fBrightRadius = 7.0000 (Default)
Change to:
fBrightScale = 3.5000
[blurShaderHDR] Reduce blinding effect on objects and NPC's
fBrightScale = 1.5000 (Default)
Change to:
fBrightScale = 0.5000
&
fBrightRadius = 4.0000 (Default)
Change to:
fBrightScale = 3.0000
Of course you could also try settings in between default and suggested ... I'm sure that's something I would have tried. It could be it was back when I still had my nVidia SLI setup that I was looking into this (meaning we are talking about a decade ago).

I have a text file saved from who knows how long ago that has some settings that were suggested somewhere or other (probably some old forum post). When I saw your thread this morning I had a look at my current guys Oblivion.ini as well as the one used by my previous two characters (so going back to when I started to play Oblivion). All of those Oblivion.ini have the default settings, but I do recall twiddling around with it a long time ago. Apparently I wasn't happy with it.

In any case they are just settings that can easily be switched back if you don't care for it either. Here's what I have:

[blurShaderHDRInterior] Reduce blinding effect on objects and NPC's
fBrightScale = 2.2500 (Default)
Change to:
fBrightScale = 0.2500
&
fBrightRadius = 7.0000 (Default)
Change to:
fBrightScale = 3.5000
[blurShaderHDR] Reduce blinding effect on objects and NPC's
fBrightScale = 1.5000 (Default)
Change to:
fBrightScale = 0.5000
&
fBrightRadius = 4.0000 (Default)
Change to:
fBrightScale = 3.0000
Of course you could also try settings in between default and suggested ... I'm sure that's something I would have tried. It could be it was back when I still had my nVidia SLI setup that I was looking into this (meaning we are talking about a decade ago).

Thanks Striker, i've readed that post of yours while searching in to the web for a solution. Sadly it didnt help at all in my config.

An option to Opblivion Reloaded might be Oblivion Reloaded Lite and I plan to test it later tonight. To many players do have issues with Oblivion Reloaded and I really want to test the lite version to see if it might be a nice option or not. keep your fingers crossed for me, will you? :wink:

I'm trying ORL too, we both keep our fingers crossed :happy:

Edit: Tried ORL, no luck. It seems they have removed the hdr settings in the lite version and it share the same problem whit the shadows that i've got in the past with OR full.

Edited by Hellyea

Oki. Well I am happy as it is really... :wink:

The water I edited myself as it is simple in CS/CSE, so I can see far away in it. It is not realistic, but I do not care as long as I can see in the bloody wet fluffy stuff.

Edited by Pellape