Explosive Shotgun

Adipose

This is, apparently, one of those random weapons that the game makes available. Probably the most useful weapon I've picked up in Fallout 4. Semi-auto so it doesn't consume a ton of ammo. Has a pretty good area effect. Frex, take out two ghouls at once...if close together. One real problem: Don't use it when target is close to you. Blast effect can easily take you down. Use it on everything and much cheaper than missiles. One to two shots on a Mirelurk. More shots on a Mirelurk Queen...around five or six. Playing at normal level. Play Skyrim on max level, not gonna do that here. Normal is plenty demanding even if you're wearing armor. Suicide Mutant still a challenge. You better maintain your distance.

Yeah, I love my explosive shotgun. Using it at close range though, yeah, that's suicide. :) I learned that one the hard way. (wondered why I was dying so quickly.....)

Only thing better I found, with mods... was my never ending, explosive, 10mm auto pistol. Wave it around, and everything down range dies. :D Does eat ammo though. :D