GTS Mod: Easy Rider / Route 66

drehfilter

Thanks to Yossarian22, we now can fill the world with places.

This is a mod request and since the GECK is not compatible with my brain (I'm apparently to dumb), here are some thoughts.

"Easy Rider / Route 66 Mod"

The main idea is a map to drive around with your bike/car, thanks to Project Valhalla. (Ever since I saw these stunning motorcycles in Fallout I wanted to just drive around the land.) Perhaps someone can make are real combustion-gasoline-powered bike e.g. a nice chopper or a trike.

So, you start at "1" (see 5-minute-map-below) and just drive. You feel the vibrations of your bike the sun on your skin and the wind in your hair. You then can choose between north and east. To the north lies a desert with a small town. The inhabitants are in trouble, the [insert someone here, e.g. mayors daughter] was kidnapped by some raiders in order to get some gasoline. You free that person but damn, you need some scrapmetal to repair the destillery or the pumpjack of the oil well.

Or you can drive east, heading towards the large canyons to either "the heights" (4), "Laguna" (3) or "Greenfields" (2).

The heights is a diner with a gas station and some trouble, of course. But the sunset is nice there.

Greenfields (2) is a small village where the townfolks produce wine. Some trouble here, too, because the caravan from Laguna is late and they need some supplies.

Laguna (3) is a small town in the northeast corner. (Could be Chicago?) Pretty sure you can find some jobs here to earn some money: Get rid of Raiders, collect something or use some diplomatic/speech skills. I've heard, you can purchase the lighthouse and enjoy the sunset. :biggrin:

Some personal thoughts:

I dislike the idea of several modding groups working on several unconnected "new-lands" mods (especially since your GTS) . Is it a bad idea to think of a group to organize the ideas and places, like jaysus and his High Sea Caravansery? Oblivion has >13000 Mods, Fallout >2700 as of now. I'm expecting this number to raise so we could get in trouble with lots of incompatible mods. And wouldn't it be nice to have some quest where you have to find pieces all over the "world". Modding is not a competition, it's a group effort. (imho)

Regards and sorry1 if my post doesn't belong here and sorry2 for my bad english.

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/5699/easyriderxe5.jpg

Archived