Completely RemoveMeIR bug

Stealth21

Another bug discovered. When using a function RemoveMeIR to remove an item from inventory (at least, not sure about when the case the items are in the container/NPC) completely. For example, I would like to remove (or transfer with that function, whatever) the lesser empty soul gems completely from the player which has them four pieces (only them and no other soul gems at all):

Player.GetItemCount SoulGemEmpty1Petty

shows 4. OK.

ref iter

Begin ScriptEffectStart
ForEach iter <- Player
  if ( iter.GetBaseObject == SoulGemEmpty1Petty )
    iter.RemoveMeIR
  end
loop
END

The soul gems are disappearing from player's the inventory. If to search for them with a ForEach<->loop once again, it will find nothing. However, the result of further [Player.GetItemCount SoulGemEmpty1Petty] command is 1.

Allright, 1+1=2, right? - not in this case:

Player.AddItem SoulGemEmpty1Petty

Player.GetItemCount SoulGemEmpty1Petty

the result is 1. But the difference is that now I can see it in inventory.

So, to remove the item completely, it has to be removed with RemoveItem(NS) function.

Removing items is a tricky business and it is bugged. You did right in making a loop for it as player.removeitem numberofitems removes 1 item the first lap and the rest the next for some odd reason and so does removeitemNS, which I reported to Idle which is still an open case but I guess it is a game engine bug really. What you can do is also to open a case for RemoveMeIR

Edited by Pellape

Removing items is a tricky business and it is bugged. You did right in making a loop for it as player.removeitem numberofitems removes 1 item the first lap and the rest the next for some odd reason and so does removeitemNS, which I reported to Idle which is still an open case but I guess it is a game engine bug really.

Yes, I saw your posts where you describe that you met that issue with RemoveItem(NS). And also I saw that every person makes a comment that that function is working adequately, either in scripts I wrote where it is removing Gold001 in much more quantities than 1. Can you share your script with me? - maybe I could replicate it and test by myself. But I will not install any dependencies if it has.

What you can do is also to open a case for RemoveMeIR

I have no a github account, because even if I would have, I do not actually understand the answers from the people who knows programming)) And a translative describing in not my native language is kinda mindful action. I wonder how much "sentencevelly" correct I am writting...))