Mods feature cycles and I cant fix it please help

liam23xxx

I have reinstalled fallout new vegas and the mods I have installed are still there. I tried to deploy but it said I have cycles so I tried to fix it but cant figure out how. No mater what I do it doesn't work. All I wanted to do was just play FNV again with these mods. Please help me

I have reinstalled fallout new vegas and the mods I have installed are still there. I tried to deploy but it said I have cycles so I tried to fix it but cant figure out how. No mater what I do it doesn't work. All I wanted to do was just play FNV again with these mods. Please help me

Judging by your picture, you've assigned a lot of your mods to GROUPS.

REMOVE ALL OF YOUR GROUP ASSIGNMENTS you have a mess there.

YOu shouldn't assign your mods to GROUPS, using GROUPS is the same as using a sorting method and should only be used sparingly, it's not the same thing as Categories in NMM

Which mod manager were you using before you switched to Vortex, because if you uninstall a game, you should always UNINSTALL THE MODS FIRST.
Because Uninstalling the Game, leaves the mods behind, and leaves them orphaned.

If you were using Vortex when you uninstalled Fallout New Vegas, you were supposed to PURGE, then Uninstall the Mods first, THEN uninstall the game

I think thats whats wrong. I didn't purge or uninstall the mods before I deleted FNV. Would it work if I did that then reinstalled everything? and i was using vortex before

Which mod manager were you using before you switched to Vortex, because if you uninstall a game, you should always UNINSTALL THE MODS FIRST.
Because Uninstalling the Game, leaves the mods behind, and leaves them orphaned.

If you were using Vortex when you uninstalled Fallout New Vegas, you were supposed to PURGE, then Uninstall the Mods first, THEN uninstall the game

I think thats whats wrong. I didn't purge or uninstall the mods before I deleted FNV. Would it work if I did that then reinstalled everything? and i was using vortex before

Good lord what a mess.

NEVER just delete or uninstall a game without Uninstalling the mods first, (using ANY mod manager) because the game uninstalls, but the files and mods will be left behind

If you're really lucky, you'll be able to purge the mods and start over.

So, try that first.

However, I have a feeling you're going to have to uninstall the game, then manually delete the entire game folder

Uninstall Vortex, delete the C:\users\YOUR NAME\appdata\roaming\Vortex\ folder or the -OR- C:\users\YOUR NAME\appdata\roaming\Blacktree gaming\Vortex\ folder

And start completely over again.