⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

What Is The Best Game Ever

BloodWindBal

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I'd have to say 'Dungeons and Dragons'... Why you ask?? Well, D&D had 'created' many of the systems/lore/style that we see in most of todays games, be they a RPG or a FPS combat type game. IMO, D&D is the godfather of ALL games but.. it doesnt get the amount of recognition it really should be getting, which is a shame :huh:

EDIT: the next best game is/will be my mod for DAO!! that is if I can get these damned trees to post! o_O

While maybe not the best games in existence, I'll throw out the Thief series and NwN2:MotB to mix the pot a bit.

The Thief series is just plain fun: the ultimate stealth game. Water arrows, fire arrows, flash bombs, scouting orbs, etc. You had a lot of tools at your disposal to sneak about. Plus, I personally just liked Garret as a "protagonist" (I use that word loosely).

Mask of the Betrayer is also one of my personal favorites, albeit an expansion. I loved the epic feeling the story provided. You aren't just killing goblins and rats, and saving local peasants from a few trolls. You get to fight a minor bear god, visit other planes, and other heroic things that really utilize the Dungeons and Dragons universe well. I also loved the theme of questioning the gods, and whether or not they are a blessing or a curse to mortals.

Some of the characters were just a lot more interesting than the OC characters. Gann was pretty enjoyable, as was Kaelyn or Saphiya.

There is my two cents.

Super Mario Bros. (original NES and SNES versions, including the Lost Levels), Super Mario Bros. 3 (original NES and SNES versions, as well as the SMA4 version), Super Mario World (especially the SMA2 version), Super Mario Sunshine, and New Super Mario Bros. Wii (even if I haven't played it yet hehe).

PS: You can probably tell I'm a Super Mario freak :P

Hmmmm....I would have to say The first three devil may crys, Starcraft, kingdom hearts 358/2 days, and Diablo 2.