What Is The Best Game Ever

BloodWindBal

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing games since Pong was brand new and a whole set you bought for the TV. Apple II games were awesome back in the day. For me I would have to say Civilization I. Suddenly all of history was yours to play. There are many great choices though, PC gaming is awesome and it just keeps getting better.

Best game ever? Horseshoes. It combines skill and luck, gets people outdoors and is good clean fun for everyone.

RPG Game; Advanced Dungeons and Dragons 3rd edition. The pencil and and paper game that Gary Gygax wrote back in the 1970s. To the best of my knowledge It was the first of it's kind. Having an imagination is a good thing; how much the original books cost these days is not a good thing.

Arcade Game; Street Fighter 2, good luck finding a machine that still works though.

Computer Game; Final Fantasy 7, I guess. PC games are too diverse for me to really pick an 'all time' best.

• 4 weeks later...

It has to be rebel star ( back in the days of the good old spectrum )

Media:

Used to play this game more than any other game in my history of gaming, its not about how it looks its about the game play. this was and still is a classic game and was one of the very first games i played.

• 1 month later...

Best game ever is obviously very hard to decide as I have played many games for many systems and loved many of them.

Shadowgate for the NES comes to mind, as does Sunset Riders for the Mega Drive and Link´s Awakening for the Gameboy.

Moving up to PC it´s the heavy hitter Deus Ex followed by Oblivion, Bioshock 2 and Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.

Depends on my mood and system of choice but... (in alphabetical order)

Final Fantasy VII

Half Life 2

Metal Gear Solid 3

Monkey Island 2

Portal

Sonic 3 & Knuckles

Wipeout 2048 (XL)

A gun to my head I would say Final Fantasy VII.

For my non-videogame entry, I love a good game of Trivial Pursuit with family/friends.