⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Button links not responding

Bouitaz

Yay, it's working again! Thanks!

Ok, so we can replicate this issue on Pale Moon but not on FireFox.

We only officially support the three major browsers (Chrome, Fire Fox and IE) and we are in the process of dropping support for old and antiquated browsers (for example, we are dropping support for IE11 which is now 8 years old).

We have reverted the code which broke Pale Moon for this weekend so please let us know if it's working again.

However, this issue has come from the fact Pale Moon is not as up-to-date as FireFox. Palemoon is a fork from an old version of Firefox and doesn’t keep as up to date because it's maintained by somebody other than Mozilla. These sorts of things are going to happen when browser support is not kept up-to-date, both by users and by the browser developers.

You only officially support Blink, almost-Blink, and Blink you mean?

Pale Moon is not an outdated browser, it's kept just as up to date as any other modern browser. What it doesn't do is follow the Blink engine mono-trend slavishly though.

It's also not a fork. It's been entirely re-written to use the Goanna engine, and not old Firefox's Gecko.

I can see how only accommodating one browser engine would be easier though..

Edited by Bouitaz

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deleted34304850

pale moon is and always has been an outlier. same with waterfox and any other forked variant. they are outliers with a tiny fraction of a percentage point of users.

there's nothing stopping you from using more modern browsers except some misplaced stubbornness. why do you use it? For privacy? Got some news for you pal, if you're on the internet your privacy has already been compromised six ways to tuesday.

nexus mods, and pretty much all sites, for that matter support the most popular browsers because that's how the world works. hate to break it to you, but that's life.

when the pale moon developers push their next update they may be more tolerant of the error that you saw here. here's a tip, why don't you tell them about your issue here, i bet they'd be happy to hear about it so they can code a fix to enable their browser to render this incredibly popular website effectively.

A defeatist attitude and accepting everything as it is don't lead down good paths.

Principles are a thing.

You're also assuming that Chrome wasn't an outlier at one point, and that I'm careless about my PI.

If life is life, and it is as it is..why even complain?

Just keep using Big Tech's privacy-breaching, mass-surveillance, data-gathering, monopsonistic browser.

I guess it's the easier way for some.

Guest deleted34304850

So you won't do the developers of your browser a solid by informing them of something that they should be aware of?

Okay, good luck.

Any news on when this is going to be fixed? Nexus mods is barely usable right now.

As far as we know the problem was fixed on 6th March, if you're still having problems you'll need to provide more info.

I suspect it may be your browser addons though if you're the only one reporting it.

Having the same issue. Everything was working fine the last time I used the site (31 January 2021). Went to download some updates for Mass Effect Andromeda mods and the download button is not working.

As I stated in my initial request I have tried multiple browsers on two (now three) different computers.

The results of a trace route are:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]

Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>tracert www.nexusmods.com

Tracing route to www.nexusmods.com [104.22.3.55]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms mandragoran.woodlynrd.local [10.0.0.1]

2 57 ms 2 ms 2 ms 173-167-201-230-ip-static.hfc.comcastbusiness.net [173.167.201.230]

3 57 ms 11 ms 10 ms 96.120.11.1

4 34 ms 9 ms 9 ms 68.85.147.25

5 9 ms 9 ms 8 ms 96.110.6.33

6 18 ms 13 ms 13 ms 96.110.92.141

7 11 ms 11 ms 11 ms 68.85.133.137

8 15 ms 14 ms 21 ms be-31441-cs04.ashburn.va.ibone.comcast.net [96.110.40.29]

9 14 ms 14 ms 13 ms be-2404-pe04.ashburn.va.ibone.comcast.net [96.110.37.142]

10 30 ms 14 ms 14 ms as2906-c-4.sanjose.ibone.comcast.net [173.167.57.102]

11 13 ms 13 ms 14 ms 104.22.3.55

Trace complete.

I disabled both the Web Filter, the Ad Blocker and the Firewall on my router (10.0.0.1), disabled all add-ons in both Firefox and Edge and still no luck.

I am connecting from Frederick, MD, USA. My ISP is Comcast

Speeds are:

Download Mbps

Upload Mbps

The link for the file is

https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffectandromeda/mods/541?tab=files&file_id=4321

There is no link shown when I hover my cursor over the âSlow Downloadâ button. (see attached jpg)

The link for the âFast Downloadâ button is:

https://users.nexusmods.com/register/memberships

The text from the Firefox Dev Tools window indicates:

button id="slowDownloadButton" class="rj-btn rj-btn-secondary rj-btn-full" data-download-url="#ERROR-download-location-not-found"></button>

Up until yesterday i was having no difficulty at all.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by hacknslash52