Stupid Question: How Does One Create/Add Custom Head Parts?

sweetestremedy

First of all, I'm truly sorry if such a problem has already been discussed and solved on the Nexus Forums before, since I honestly tried searching/googling for a similarly-themed topic everywhere beforehand, but failed to find anything useful, mostly due to the fact that I'm not even sure how to word the problem correctly to begin with. v_v; So, please, if it's not too much of a hassle, direct me towards the solution.

Okay, so. I'm playing as a Khajiit-- and, well, as we all know, beast races don't exactly bask in modders' attention, especially when it comes to men of the said beast races. Well, my character is a male. Y'see, I guess, I may be considered a weird person 'cause I'm a girly girl and I enjoy playing as male characters-- furthermore, I love to customize their appearance in order to make them look as feminine/androgynous as possible. Please don't ask why, it's just a-- I dunno-- a quirk of mine or something, perhaps? >_>;

Alright, forgive me, I keep rambling... let's get straight to the matter at hand:

I'd want to know how to create a new, say, Khajiit nose type so it's even shorter than the shortest available in vanilla? I realize that each adjustable facial feature is a so-called 'head part' but I've never been into serious modding in my life, all I'm capable of is tweaking minor things (if I know how to), so I don't really get it... how?

I've seen people doing it for beast races (search for 'Maisha' or 'Pretty Khajiit' on Skyrim Nexus Mods, for example) but only for females, never for males (duh!).

Please, I've always wanted to be able to create a truly unique muzzle for my Khajiit boy, the kind of face I picture him having before my mental vision.

I'll be eagerly waiting for a response! And thank you, whoever is kind enough to help me!

Edited by sweetestremedy

Hmm, try choosing female character by opening showracemenu, after that your female now, but you want to be male right? With female face? Then dont toggle showracemenu after you changed your characterto female, but instead type "sexchange" and there, you will retain your female face, but your body and voice will become male.

No-no, that's not what I meant at all; forgive me for not being clear enough!

I was trying to say that I want to tweak my character's facial features only, not his entire head. To be precise, I wish to modify his nose to make it shorter than the shortest nose available inside the nose length slider in the showracemenu. Simple as that, really!

I suppose that in order to do that I need to somehow create additional nose type before choosing it from the said showracemenu. My question is, how exactly does one make/modify a head part, e.g. nose, eyes, brows, etc? I have no idea!

But thank you very much for trying to help me! I appreciate it!

If you really want a custom head parts, well, you need blender to create one

I would like to know to. I want to make a new race.

I'm not sure how to use Blender.

Blender is not required, You can make a new race in Creation Kit, simply create a new one then change skin tone and change facial structure.

If you really want a custom head parts, well, you need blender to create one

Great! How do I do that, exactly? Like, step by step, how?

You may be able to do this with Expired's RaceMenu mod. If not, and you are comfortable with the creation kit, you could create a new nose from an existing one and add it as a character option

I've tried that one but it doesn't extend the sliders for facial features. As for Creation Kit-- to be honest, I can get comfortable with anything if I need to; just tell me how do I create a new nose from an existing one and then add it as a character option, as you've said?

I'll give either method a try if you provide essential details of how-to. Thank you very much, both of you! Now my wish doesn't seem as unrealizable as it did at first!

Edited by sweetestremedy

Alright, so after digging around Creation Kit and whatnot (thanks to sgcdialler for all the help provided!), I've learned two things:

1. Those which I was referring to as 'head parts' are in fact called 'head morphs' instead. Well, close enough.
  2. I do need to export and tweak an existing head morph in some 3D-editing program (such as Blender, as I suppose?).

So, um. How do I do that, exactly?