The Oblivion Launcher could not find oblivion game executable

vetewe7144

I few days ago I unintentionally Refreshed my Windows 8.1 which wiped out everything and reset Windows back to 2014 default. All my games/Apps were completely erased as if they never have been. I did a CCleaner and disk clean. I reinstalled Morrowind successfully, but restoring Oblivion clean gives me game executable missing when it's right there. What am I still missing?

Do you remember what the version number of the game was? I have an old disk version (came bundled with Bioshock) and it needs to be updated using the Official Bethesda patches to work with mods.

Here is a link to the Official Oblivion 12416 Patch ... note that there are different patches for the Shivering Isles version or the non-SI version (my old disk version was non-SI). Also note that there is a different patch for the UK English version (the UK English Shivering Isles version uses the same English patch as the rest of the world English though, just to keep things confusing).

I did a computer wide search for vcruntime140.dll, I found 14 of this file, copied/paste all into the the Oblivion folder, by doing this I got the Launcher back. I saved that runtime in it's own folder in the Oblivion setup folder.

So if you get the 'runs" do the above. thanks