DEF_UI/DEF_INV not working

Burion138

Hi guys I hope somebody can help.

after a long time I wanted to revisit/replay Fallout 4 and start out with just a few basic mods.
I used to play and Mod on my Notebook like 1-2 years ago and now wanted to setup everything on my new pc.
I started with the latest versions DEF_UI, AWKCR and Valdacil's Item Sorting and that's already not working and I don't get why.

I also used to mod with NMM back on my notebook and now switched to MO2, because I heard it is supposed to be better.
My problem right now is I actually don't really want to heavily customize anything, the main objective I'm after (for now) with this basic mods is the inventory overhaul (added categories and everything).
Regarding the HUD I don't really want/need to change anything to the vanilla version (yet). So here is what I tried so far:

(I always installed AWKCR first and put it first in load order/priority)
1. First installing DEF_UI with options: DEF_HUD, DEF_INV, no component tags and "I already have sorting xml files".
After that installed VIS with options DLC Version - Vanilla Weight and DEV_INV All
2. First installing DEF_UI with options: DEF_HUD, DEF_INV, no component tags and installing the tags for VIS .
After that installed VIS with options DLC Version - Vanilla Weight and no DEV_INV Tags
3. First installing VIS with options DLC Version - Vanilla Weight and DEV_INV All.

After that installing DEF_UI with options: DEF_HUD, DEF_INV, no component tags and "I already have sorting xml files".

4. First installing VIS with options DLC Version - Vanilla Weight and no DEV_INV Tags
After that installing DEF_UI with options: DEF_HUD, DEF_INV, no component tags and installing the tags for VIS .
5. First installing DEF_UI with options: no DEF_HUD only DEF_INV, no component tags and "I already have sorting xml files".
After that installed VIS with options DLC Version - Vanilla Weight and DEV_INV All

and changing the options and install order around and also the priority order again back and forth and even with two complete clean reinstalls of Fallout 4 and Mod Organizer including cleaning AppData files.
I even got so frustrated, fired up my old notebook, checked if it still worked there (it does), installed NMM on my PC and tried it there with NMM but of course no change.

Also tried installing and running the different configurations with and without F4SE (but as far as i know for those mods it shouldn't be necessary, right?) and that didn't change anything either. It seems like DEF_HUD and/or DEF_UI are just completely ignored by the Game. For Test purposes i configured a f***ed up HUD where everthing is in the center of the screen, replaced the DEF_HUD.xml that should be Vanilla, fired up the game and it was still all Vanilla HUD.

Steam and the Game is installed on a seperate internal E: Drive and in a different Folder on the same drive I also installed MO2. Game is installed in english Version. Even went up to page 5 or so on Google (what a scary place) and checked a few Threads here in the forum. Saw stuff about also needing to donload the DEF_UI_translations and/or HUDFramework, tried all that, nothing worked.

Anybody got any ideas? I'm pretty sure I'm probably missing something really freakin obvious which will cause me to be really freakin ashamed of asking for help but after 4 days of trying by myself I think I really need help.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

EDIT:
Oh I forgot, also found stuff about adding these lines to the Fallout4Custom.ini :
[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

And these lines to either the Fallout4Prefs.ini:
[Launcher]
uLastAspectRatio=1
bEnableFileSelection=1

But that also didn't help

Edited by Burion138

• 1 month later...