NMM and a reason to murder sis

seth2012

Well people I have a major problem with NMM,

Today when I wasn't at home my sis seems to have decided to use my laptop and she messed with some files, it appears that somehow she managed to delete the folder where NMM keeps the files, logs etc of the mods installed. So now I have the mods in the game but I don't see them in the NMM, so can't manage, remove etc. I had maybe over 100 mods and tring to manage them without NMM would be a torture. I had nearly 25 GB of mods it would be torturous to redownload them, reinstall them all etc. Is there an easier way to revert this? Any solution?

So maybe don't blame your sister so much....

If your sister didn't delete the data folder. then your game should have what it needs to play the way you have been playing, and you might be able to play that way.

If she messed around with any of those files, well....

In any case, given that there is a level of uncertainty, I would just do a clean reinstall and start over.

And turn system restore back on.

Well I can play the game no problem there, she just deleted the directory where NMM keeps the logs so my NMM shows no mods atm, can't uninstall or manage any previously installed mods now. That folder was around 8 GB as I remener and she seems to have deleted around 20 GB of data, what the rest that's gone are to be found yet. No worries I didn't murder her :D I just told her to use my notebook under parential supervision :D

I tried a few data recovering programs etc to recover the files, some are recovered but still didn't fix my problem so now I am unistalling Skyrim and anything related to it. I played with the same character since 11.11.11 and restarting, redownloading and reinstalling the mods will take too long of a time so for now I put Skyrim aside in tears :D Maybe I'd return someday :)

I never used or needed system restore so always preferred to keep it off, aaaaanyway thank you for the help and advice :)