Is GOTY already patched?

vetewe7144

Look in the lower left corner of the main menu. If you see 1.2.0416 then your game is at the latest patch. The GotY versions that I have (which include Shivering Isles and all of the other DLC are fully patched at install. I believe there were some Steam GotY releases that didn't include all of the DLCs (but did include SI) but I'm a disk guy so I can't say for certain. All Steam versions should be fully patched when downloaded from Steam.

The reason for the question is when I activated the SI 9.2 it was rejected in favor of an Older version when applied. The game reaches the loading screen then crashes. Oblivion.exe shows 1.2.0.416.

This game use to work perfectly, I could "feel" the smoothness of the game play until I did an unintentional 'Refresh' of Windows a week ago which reset the computer back to 2014 wiping out everything off computer. So far I have restored Morrowind and FO3 but I can't get OB4 to work.

Edited by vetewe7144

Now that's a weird place to take the version from, if it's already written in the file name all over the place. But did Bethesda really mess up the internal versioning of their patches like that? Version 9.0.2 of the version 1.2.0416 patch? Why even doing that? They never cease to amaze me.

So, do I get this right, you're using an already patched GotY version of the game with most of the expansions, including SI, already installed, yet still try to install a Shivering Isles patch to bring version 1.2.0416 to version 1.2.0416?

One question then, to make absolutely sure. Before you installed any official patch, just after installing the game as is, did you already have DLC Shivering Isles in your plugins/data files and was the version already 1.2.0416 at the bottom of the main menu title screen or not? 'Cause if both was the case, then you don't need to install any official patches anymore.

Now that's a weird place to take the version from, if it's already written in the file name all over the place. But did Bethesda really mess up the internal versioning of their patches like that? Version 9.0.2 of the version 1.2.0416 patch? Why even doing that? They never cease to amaze me.

So, do I get this right, you're using an already patched GotY version of the game with most of the expansions, including SI, already installed, yet still try to install a Shivering Isles patch to bring version 1.2.0416 to version 1.2.0416?

One question then, to make absolutely sure. Before you installed any official patch, just after installing the game as is, did you already have DLC Shivering Isles in your plugins/data files and was the version already 1.2.0416 at the bottom of the main menu title screen or not? 'Cause if both was the case, then you don't need to install any official patches anymore.

I can confirm that both the official patch with SI and the non-SI official patch show version 9.2.0.0 when you check them via the Windows Properties menu Details tab.

To expand a bit on what Drake is saying ... if I were at your house to troubleshoot this I would first install just the game (no patches, no mods) and start the game, run through the tutorial and have a look around outside the tutorial dungeon. That would confirm that the vanilla game is working correctly and give an opportunity to check things like the reported version number (lower left of the main menu screen).

Until you know the game works and what version number you are starting from you will have no clear idea of the path forward.