[Mod request/idea] Borderlands-type inventory limit

SoundWings

Well I got tired of getting suddenly overencumbered, but since I'm not a fan of the infinite carry weight mods at all, I'd like to have some mechanic which would make me unable to pick up any item that exceeds my final carry weight limit (while notifying me something like "You can't carry anymore" via pop-ups idk), just like in the Borderlands saga. I find it's a pretty simple but functional mod idea that many players who find the encumbrance mechanic annoying could make use of instead of cheating.

The game already kinda does that. Pick up that last item, and you can't run anymore. (or sprint....) With the right perks though, that restriction pretty much goes away. And then there are backpack mods that increase carry weight even more..... Still and all, the system is NOT realistic in any way. Walking around with 30 some odd long guns on my person, just ain't happenin' in 'real life'. Of course, FO4 is a game......

I could see an inventory system that gives you so many 'slots'. Items would take up slots, depending on what they were. For small items, may be able to put several in a single slot. Run out of slots, and that's it, you can't carry ANYTHING else. At all.

No idea at all how one would implement that though, and with mod added items..... It would be REALLY hard to do......

Yeah, I've read somewhere that the inventory system is kinda hard-coded but maybe there could be some workaround, after all, it'd just be an "inventory carry capper", leaving each individual weight there, but adding a simple threshold, nothing too fancy

Edited by SoundWings