Fallout 4 Saves crash on loading them (still on loading screen)

Sakoshira

Hi all. So this problem Ive been having is just absolutely terrible. Here's how it goes, So randomly, ill get a few hours of playtime in, save then quit. Then I try to load said save, it immediately crashes after a few seconds on the loading screen. So I jump back a few saves, and load another one. Cool it works, play alittle, save, quit. It does it again. I simply cant load any new save I make. Also..whenever I load a new save, it doesn't show that I have any missing mods, but when I load the older saves that work, it will show mods that actually are missing. (I uninstalled a few mods that I didnt need, older version of NAC to be specific.) Whats also weird is that I enable Vivid Fallout and it still says the mod is missing me? Im really at a loss here and could use some help. Im new to the modding scene and dont use anything else other than vortex really. I dont know what else to do, does anyone know of a similar problem and know a solution?

Guest deleted34304850

if you have removed mods from an active save, then that save is broken, and one of the symptoms of a broken save is exactly how you described.

fallout 4 is not designed for you to remove mods from it and continue playing. if you want to remove mods (or add them to a certain extent), then you need to be prepared to start a new game.

welcome to bethesda.

if you have removed mods from an active save, then that save is broken, and one of the symptoms of a broken save is exactly how you described.

fallout 4 is not designed for you to remove mods from it and continue playing. if you want to remove mods (or add them to a certain extent), then you need to be prepared to start a new game.

welcome to bethesda.

Okay that makes sense. However this isnt the first time ive removed a mod during this specific playthrough, and its worked before.

Should I reinstalled the mods that i removed then?

That *might* work..... but, don't hold your breath.

Okay..question, so my vivid fallout mod is showing up as missing when I try to load an older save, despite me having it installed via vortex and enabled in vortex and the fallout 4 mod loader ingame. How would you fix that?