Open Community  ·  26 members

Valheim

switched from v+ to individual mods and love it.

remystemple7days

Main reason for this little rant is over a deleted post on the v+ post section. i said nothing wrong but suggest to a user to install some of the individual mods in place of some of the broken features. or swap it right out. oh yeah and also said maybe the original creators of these mods should get some kudos too. probably the part that pissed them off.

so everything aside of the server stuff is covered by individual mods that all work with BepInEx config manager ( which i just discovered ). the reason to move away from v+ is 2 fold. they want to reinvent the wheel. why not allow use with BepInEx config manager? gotta make their own for some reason. the other reason is that it seems like all they've done is mash everyone else dll files together somehow and called it their own mod, and a lot of the features are broken.

I know i'm coming across as a dink but it just seems like they wanna "corner" the mod "market" here for some reason and the fact that v+ is "too good" to allow the use of an existing config manager was it for me.

i tried the one released specifically for v+ but it's useless for any other mod. Just don't get what makes any of this so great or special.

You went to someone's hard worked mod to tell people to stop using their mod and use similar mods. Really poor taste so ofc they deleted your comment. Maybe keep your rants to yourself in the future, less risk to look bad.

You went to someone's hard worked mod to tell people to stop using their mod and use similar mods. Really poor taste so ofc they deleted your comment. Maybe keep your rants to yourself in the future, less risk to look bad.

I'm not the one taking other people's hard thought ideas and taking credit for it lol sorry

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not the one taking other people's hard thought ideas and taking credit for it lol sorry

Neither are we doing so

Please stop spreading lies about our mod

You are making a lot of assumptions here.

If I had a mod with as many features as their mod has, the chance that someone would unknowingly make or that it would have duplicate functionality as another mod is pretty high. I think that is mostly what you are seeing here. To assume they actually stole the other mods is not based on any facts you have though. They do give credits on GitHub to some other mod authors for some of their code. You can see credits also on the Nexus site for the Valheim mod.

Not sure what is pissing you off so much. That they are so successful and you are not. They have I think 4 or 5 people working on their mod. One of them full time.

Not sure if you mod, if you did, you would not that a lot of stuff their mod does is all the low hanging fruit, the easy stuff to add. Also of course, they have some unique and great features too. It is the one stop shopping of some many features that makes their mod easy to install and get most of the stuff you would want.

Honestly your post here is like a promotion of their mod.

Edited by billwerth2