Help: downloaded companion crashes game

firepower02

<p>I just downloaded a character, inside the zip file is 1 .esp file. I also download the required mods and installed them all in data folder. I checked the launcher data files and even tried loading it first. It still crashes my game, right after the Bethesda loading screen it exits. If I remove the file, the game will load fine. I thought there might e something wrong with the download, so I tried downloading other companions, but it still doesn't work. I already tested 3 different files.</p> Edited by firepower02

Hi, do you have male companions? I have other companion mods and they have a .esp and a .esm file. Spike has only 1 file, I think although not sure that this might be the cause. If you have tried spike and it didn't work for you as well, maybe the problem could be with the spike file,

I looked at the esp in CK and it had an unknown.esm attached that I couldn't remove. I tried to open it in TES5edit and got and error message and TES5edit closed.

I have a WIP mod you can download here . He is located in the stormcloak camp outside of Dragon Bridge. Let me know what you think.