Best Operating System Opinions

No its Mother in law acting up again, conflicting with Pet dog.

Pet dog, just like pet cat a year before that, had a conflict with Yugo's front left wheel, resulting in both pet dog and cat being sent to the recycle bin. ;D

There is no performance difference between 64-bit versions of Windows 7. Games won't run on one edition faster than on another.

You are wrong about he vs 32bit and 64bit versions of windows

First of all, read my post. It said "There is no performance difference between 64-bit versions of Windows 7." Before assuming I made a mistake, might be worth the time to check the wording.

Home premuim does not have this feature

Actually it does.

It doesn't have Windows XP Mode in Virtual PC - which is a whole other thing. It's a dedicated emulation sandbox where you can install a virtual Windows-XP-kinda with an emulated P6 processor. It will be a desktop in a window, and you can copy programs there and install them on that virtual computer.

Run it in administrative mode. It can be picky, but if you fight back it will work.

Download all the vm packages. It will work, you just have to play around with Windows versions to see what it will comply with. Mafia 1 worked on xp mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows7/install-and-use-windows-xp-mode-in-windows-7

Edited by Thor.

95% of the time, if something that worked under W95 doesn't work under W7, it's because it relies on specific hardware or software functions available with 95 - which are not correctly emulated in VMware (much less Virtual PC) - and thus it won't work in W7 with whatever virtualization methods.

• 1 month later...

Windows 7. Doesn't matter much whether you use Home Premium or Professional, as long as it's 64-bit.

Be absolutely certain you get a 64-bit OS. There's already a pretty big difference, and it'll be even more important next-gen.

I don't really like Windows 8... The interface, as others have said, is awful unless you have a touch screen.

Windows 7. Doesn't matter much whether you use Home Premium or Professional, as long as it's 64-bit.

Be absolutely certain you get a 64-bit OS. There's already a pretty big difference, and it'll be even more important next-gen.

I don't really like Windows 8... The interface, as others have said, is awful unless you have a touch screen.

It's horrible with a touchscreen as well, the Metro UI is completely pointless and horribly limiting, the app store is full of garbage and the less said about "Live Tiles" the better.