Black Textures then Crash

CristataC

I started playing Fallout 4 recently, and ended up coming to this site and downloading two mods to fix some bugs (those are the only mods I use). I am constantly getting the same problem which crashes my game. Most of the time textures will turn black, and then the crash to desktop will occur within 10 seconds or so (occassionally it will just crash without anything going black). This happens I'de say about once an hour. Here's a picture of Nick and a coffee machine turning black for example

8Y7g4mz.png

Some things I tried was playing at all different graphic settings (none helped, and the lower settings seemed to make it worse). Turning off weapon debris, which also didn't stop the crashing.

I tried to ask around on reddit, didn't get much of a response besides someone saying its a RAM problem, another suggested the mod BethIni here. As they think its an "ini" problem. I will try that, but first thought it would be best to try the technical support forum here, as you are all the modders who make the bug fixes.

I believe my pc should be able to handle this game, as I've played some other games such as Civ 6 on its largest settings with no problems. (I'm not the most pc literate person, sorry) Some of the pc components are:

-Intel i9 3.1 ghz, Nvidia 2080S graphics card, 32gb ram. (I can provide other important details if needed)

Does anyone have any advice of how I can fix this? The crashing after black is ruining my enjoyment of the game. I don't lose my progress, but whenever I'm playing I'm too busy thinking about "when's it going to crash" instead of enjoying the game or story. I'de really appreciate any help or suggestions!

Edited by CristataC

No I'm not running the high res texture pack. I figured I wouldn't try it after this started happening.

I will try Ambient Occulusion now.

EDIT: While it seemed to go longer before getting the black screen/crash. It still happens with this turned to HBAO+ Ultra.

Edited by CristataC

Yes I do have my Nvidia drivers updated. Thanks for the continued help. I was really hoping this was a known problem with an easy mod solution. :sad:

Me too. :) Guess not huh?

There are some other fixes I found, but, those only apply to running the game under Linux...... (updating WINE.....) which I don't think applies here. Does it? :)

Are you using FOSE? Or the ENB memory fix? Might try one of both of those as well. I think for FOSE, you need to tweak an ini file to have it manage memory....