Mass Effect -Legendary Edition: What mods are you hoping for?

Veridien

It would be pretty hard to limit what people can do with regards to ideas. This is in no way different to how we handle Skyrim->SSE mods. If someone makes an SSE mod that is inspired by a LE mod, then that is perfectly allowed, because you can't own an idea for a mod. This of course, means that it would have to be made entirely from scratch. So they are wrong when they say; "Unfortunately, that conversation revealed Nexus’ stance on ports for Mass Effect will differ dramatically than those for Skyrim to Skyrim SE.". As they say, "A mod for original Skyrim cannot be ported to Skyrim SE without permission." and the same goes for ME mods. However, a SSE mod can be made that is entirely inspired by the LE mod, same as a ME:LE mod can be entirely inspired by a ME mod - as long as it is made from scratch.

It would be insane for a modding website to allow people to own the ideas of mods. It would contradict everything modding is.

The ideal situation would be if Bioware opens up porting between ME games the same way they allow porting of assets between DA games. If they do that, then an ME modder would be able to simply port their mod straight to ME:LE.

I love Mods, but I hate how political and selfish it can get. I used to use a lot of mods in Skyrim, but now, I do my research on the modder. Why? Too many are selfish. What do I mean by that? This...many mods are fun, but then you find game breaking mistakes in it, and report it to the modder...and see that others have also...but you also see the modder hasn't touched it for a month, or two, or 6, or 12. So now you have a mod that is broken, and may break your save if you remove it...but the author isn't working on it..AND...AND...AND...won't let anybody else fix it.

IMHO, that could be fixed by Nexus having a TOS that allows others to FIX broken mods that appear to be abandoned. The author would have no say in this. The only thing that would be allowed is fixing problems. The new fix would be uploaded on the original mod page with a description that states what was fixed, and who did it. Without something like that, I doubt I will use too many mods...at least not Skyrim mods. I got tire of the lack of support for mods I had installed, and see where other modders stated they asked permission to fix it, but the author hasn't responded. So the only thing they can do is create a mod that patches somebody elses mod. Yeah, just what us amateurs need...more mods to try to sort.

All that said, the Mod I want to see for ME:LE is the MEHEM mod.

And I would like to see a mod that allows us to decide when certain DLCs are available. For instance, I want the Citadel DLC to become available after Priority Thessia, not Priority Citadel II. And I would like Arrival to be allowed to be played right before the SM, regardless of the number of missions you have done. In short, it would be immune to the mission count. So even after Legion's Loyalty mission, which can trigger the Collector Ship, if all other loyalty missions are done, you would still be able to do Arrival, before the SM.

Next mod...one that allows the characters to wear what you choose for them to wear. Like the black catsuit for EDI, or the N7 armor for Liara. They wear it on the missions, but then go back to default, after the mission.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was so upset with the M3 ending years ago I never played it a second time. Now halfway through ME3LE I have stopped again. Im thinking of just downloading ME3 with Happy Ending mod, Miranda mod, Citadel Epilogue. Thats everything I ever wanted. For me the ME3 ending was worse than GoT and KOTOR2. My paragon shep with 100+ hours was always the hero and made all the right choices. He deserves to ride off into the sunset with Miranda, tappin dat ass, enjoying retirement with his friends and dying of old age.

Edited by whochrisliu

I thought of another Mod I would like.

Let's call it, The Appropriate Attire mod.

It's hard to get Shepard's casual attire right for every scene. What I would like is to be able to set which outfit I wear in specific circumstances. Like, walking around the Citadel, I would like to have the leather jacket on. When I'm walking around my cabin, and other common areas of the ship, I would like the hoodie on. When coming back from a mission, and I am addressing other military officers, I would like one of the military uniforms on. Now, if the game would allow a default to be set for those times, that would be good. Even better would be the screen to choose an outfit, before you spawn in. It would be great to have a hint label telling you where you are going to spawn, such as the war room, CIC, etc... Actually, there are only a few different places you spawn. Mission...you need armor. Citadel...Leather Jacket, or Military Uniform. War Room...Military Uniform. CiC/Galaxy Map...Military Uniform, or Casual (Such as the hoodie).

It's a little thing that would be huge for role the playing aspect of the game.

Anyone knows something about the mod who skip the bypass and hacking minigames in Mass Effect 2 to the Legendary Edition?

The problem is not the difficulty, I have an a issue with my left eye and this problem disturb when I trie to do the minigames in the ME2. Because of that, I've come here to ask if someone knows anything about this mod.

Thanks! :D

*English is not my mother language, sorry if I wrote something wrong.

Anyone knows something about the mod who skip the bypass and hacking minigames in Mass Effect 2 to the Legendary Edition?
The problem is not the difficulty, I have an a issue with my left eye and this problem disturb when I trie to do the minigames in the ME2. Because of that, I've come here to ask if someone knows anything about this mod.

ME2LE One Probe All Resources

https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffectlegendaryedition/mods/149

But this mod is for probe ... I need the mod to auto win the minigames (Bypass and hacking)

Custom Keybinds: I hate the sprint/cover/use all tried to the spacebar. I keep dying because of that. I know there already been one created for MELE1/2 but 3 could really use it. I tried to do it myself but couldn't find enough info for MELE3 to make it work,

But this mod is for probe ... I need the mod to auto win the minigames (Bypass and hacking)

I don't think anyone made that mod for ME:LE.

I personally dislike the scanning, mostly because there are just too many locations to probe. I would be OK with finding just one spot for each resource, with a faster scanning movement. I'm OK with the One Probe gets everything. However, the bypass and hacking are fun. I don't mind them.

Also, if you are going for the Insanity Achievement, you shouldn't use mods that make the game easier. If you do, you didn't EARN the achievement. The achievement is there just for you. Nobody else cares if you have it. It's just there for you to see, to remind you that you beat the game on the hardest difficulty. Just saying.

I don't think anyone made that mod for ME:LE.

I personally dislike the scanning, mostly because there are just too many locations to probe. I would be OK with finding just one spot for each resource, with a faster scanning movement. I'm OK with the One Probe gets everything. However, the bypass and hacking are fun. I don't mind them.

Also, if you are going for the Insanity Achievement, you shouldn't use mods that make the game easier. If you do, you didn't EARN the achievement. The achievement is there just for you. Nobody else cares if you have it. It's just there for you to see, to remind you that you beat the game on the hardest difficulty. Just saying.

I agree with you. But the problem here is my eyes. It's not because I want to.

I was calling my brother to pass these minigames ... so boring