Vahtacen

Kyrenjai

I've watched 2 videos on this place and I'm not seeing what they're seeing. When i go thru stonedoor to Vahtacen Lorsel....thru gate....this is what I see....down the stairs.....wraith attack.....down the stairs....side jump the spiked floor trap.....run down to a pressure plate...warm water washes......and that's it--deadend ...no button to push...no large room...no side stairs. What did I miss or is this a glitch or load error?? TY

Thnx Striker, yes I had indeed left (this was last week) cuz I couldn't go any further. lol I reloaded a Previous Save this morning (after having to go back and do the Janus Quest again) and still got the same result. I see there is some relic (or perhaps even more than 1) that I need to pick up. Is there a way to use console and move this quest forward? I'd like to continue with my Mages Guild Advancments. TY again.

The quest stages are listed in the box at the very bottom of the page, but beware ... it's also possible to break quests by using the console trying to 'fix' something. Before you try using the console to advance the quest stage you need to have a manual save using either the Esc menu save option or the console 'save' command and don't overwrite it until you are positive you have everything fixed.

The console command for advancing quest stages is 'setstage <questid> <stage>' (without the quotes or brackets).You will need to find the current stage first, either by looking a your quest journal entry and compare to the 'Journal Entry' section of the table on the UESP Wiki page (e.g. 'I've solved the puzzle of the pillar, opening up more of the ruins of Vahtacen.' for stage 40) or by using the console command 'getstage MG10Vahtacen' (again no quote marks).

There are also tips on using console commands to fix the pressure plate problem listed in the Bugs section of the UESP Wiki page. I'd explore those before trying to advance the quest stages using the console (once you advance the quest stage you can't 'undo' it, except by going back to a previous save).

Ok--I'll check the other options out first. TY I was able to continue with this quest. I, however, was unable to get the "set activated to 0" to work. I had to use tcl to proceed. The other pressure plate worked when my companion stepped on it lol Thnx again. Edited by Kyrenjai