Favorite Retro Game

jaosals42

Hmmm... Well, for me, I'd have to say Star Wars: Dark Forces. :starwars:

It was one of the hardest FPS games I remember playing (probably because I was somewhere around 7 or 8 years old the first time I played it).

Ah, good times...

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no game make a deeper impression on me than lemmings, on Amiga 500 ( 1991).

all in this little game was innovative for that time.

but i can add too:

sonic the hedgehog on Sega master system, and after on dreamcast.

Final fantasy 5 and 6 on Nintendo entertainment system, and FF7 on playstation.

the king of fighter serie on Neo geo ( my favorite is KoF 98 )

some other good Japaness RPg, like Grandia 2 and Skies of arcadia ( maybe Eternal arcadia, depending on the country)

I had always thought Sonic's first appearance was on the Genesis/MegaDrive. So sayeth Wikipedia anyway.

Sonic's first appearance in the video game world was in the platform game Sonic the Hedgehog for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis,

Ah, I see. He was ported to the Master System a few months after the Genesis release. I guess also, the Game Gear version of Sonic counts too. ;)

I had always thought Sonic's first appearance was on the Genesis/MegaDrive. So sayeth Wikipedia anyway.

Sonic's first appearance in the video game world was in the platform game Sonic the Hedgehog for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis,

Ah, I see. He was ported to the Master System a few months after the Genesis release. I guess also, the Game Gear version of Sonic counts too. ;)

Since the Game Gear was essentially a portable Master System it was on there as well.

Fav GameGear game probably WonderBoy3 the one where you get turned into a dragon.

You know what I always loved? ZakMcKracken... the original version. I know there is a modern version out there which is sort of a tribute (and it is well done!) but the original one is simply the best... Love the music at the start and I remember the monochrome orange and black monitor that I played it on (with a graphic card that was called Hercules if I remember it right...), hahaha... good old times.

Does anyone remember names of good old Commodore games? I used to have the C16 back in the 80ies, is anyone still able to write programs in basic? *laughs*