Vampire innkeeper rumors fix

Raye

I'm a vampire, I don't want to be cured, but the cure is the ONLY thing the innkeepers will talk about any more when you ask them about rumors, and it's preventing me from starting the Ebony Blade quest without the aid of the console. It should be that once you've talked to Falion, whether you follow through on the cure or not, their rumors topics return to normal, so you don't get blocked out of quests triggered by asking about rumors because you are a vampire. Could someone do this? HAS someone done this? I've looked, but couldn't find anything.

• 6 years later...
  • 1 year later...

This looks like an old thread, and unanswered. But I have the OPPOSITE problem. I'm a vampire, trying to get cured, and nobody has any rumors. I always have to use the console to force the cure quest when this happens. Since 2012 I have never once had the cure be offered by an inkeeper. What do you actually have to do to make them offer it?

Furthermore, when I go to "feed" on someone at night and "squat" at their bed sleeping, there is only the option to pickpocket- I have never once in the years I've been playing, ever gotten a "feed" option. Why would this be the case?