An idea for Fallout 4 - Lone Wanderer vs Courier

JackTrenton

• 1 month later...

I thought most of the damage was to the shield array.

This would mean that the rest of the systems should be relatively functional.

But the real question would be, could Sally work out where the navigation controls are located?

You'd have to know where they were and how to operate them to move the spaceship to a new location.

And now for some counterpoints.

The spaceship is in a fixed geophysical orbit in a band over America.

This means that at some point during it's orbit, it would probably pass close enough to New Vegas and the Mojave.

Also, keep in mind the spaceship doesn't actually have to be in proximity to the destination to send it's crew to that location.

All it has to do is fire a teleportation beacon into the ground at a targeted location and it can send people back and forth from the ship.

That system is known to Sally, because she uses it at the end of the DLC.

Considering she is smart enough to work it properly, it should be child's play (pun intended!) to choose another location to shoot a beacon at.

I assume the only limitation would be the number of beacons available, but I'm assuming the ship has enough in storage to set up a decent travel network.

I can't even see the Courier or Wanderer leaving their homelands, let along meeting at any point in the future. The Wanderer is a member of the Brotherhood by the end of Broken Steel, unless canon dictates he blew up the Citadel (which is about as likely as Garrus being the canon romance option in Mass Effect), so he's pretty much just gonna remain in the DC area for the rest of his life, maybe go to the Commonwealth to visit Li and see what tech they've got.

The Courier... Well, in the House/Yes Man endings, he becomes a high ranking member of the Vegas hierarchy. Why he'd leave, I'd love to see someone propose. In the NCR/Legion ending, all that happens is the war moves out of Nevada, and even if you massacre every single member of the NCR/Legion in the Mojave, there are still hundreds of thousands of soldiers ready to fight. It'd take more than 10 years to take over the majority of America, and that's even assuming the war comes to an end. Given the way conflicts work in the Fallout universe, it probably wont ever end.

So, Courier v. Wanderer? Cool idea, even if improbable. Beyond that, there's not much to this.