Custom Settlement Issues

aurreth

What about railroad hq? Can fast travel to/from there as well.

Good point, and a smaller cell so should be easier to pinpoint the marker for dissection.

Some of these fast travel points are insanely hard to locate. I'm trying to find the Vault 114 marker (the one to the manhole cover where you exit after rescuing Nick) so that I can rename it to Vault 114 Surface Access, and for the life of me I have no idea where the actual marker is. The header marker for where you exit with Nick, but not the actual fast travel point.

I don't think there is one in the vanilla game. It's not a spot you 'discover', so, there is no marker to travel to. At least, not that I have ever found...... :smile:

Well they show on my map, 114 and 75. They don't take you inside though. Maybe the unofficial patch added them?

Nope, vanilla. Vault75MapMarker is in cell Vault75Ext02, and Vault114MapMarker is in cell Vault114Ext.

Got it. The mapmarker goes outside, in the world, but you link it to an xmarkerheading in the interior. I changed the LinkRef for the vanilla Vault-Tec Regional HQ map marker to a marker inside the building, and fast travel now lands me just inside the door.

So, the how-to steps:

1. In your interior cell place an XMarkerHeading, give it a Ref ID something like XMarkerHeadingFastTravelLanding (makes it easier to find later).

2. In the outside world place a MapMarker. Go to the Marker Data tab, check the Marker Data box, and give it a friendly name. That is the name that will appear on the Pipboy map.

3. Go to the Linked Ref tab in the MapMarker. In the big white box, right click and select New. Use the Cell dropdown list, find the name of your interior cell and click on it. That will populate the Ref dropdown list. Use the Ref dropdown list to find the XMarkerHeading you created as a landing point (you can use the Filter box to make finding it faster). Click on that.

4. The Choose Reference windows should now have your interior cell in the Cell field, and your landing point marker in the Ref field. Click OK. Window closes and you are back in the MapMarker Reference window.

5. Click OK. Save work.

You're a fast learner. :thumbsup:

So, i have to ask: Have you already tried building stuff at your 'settlement'? :cool:

Oh yes, spent several hours deleting damaged floors and walls and replacing them. I mean still rusty, there are no clean High Tech textures anywhere, but I've completely "repaired" the first and third floors, just need to finish the second. Granted, all that should really be done in the CK as a separate "refurbished" mod, but I have a hard enough time with the CK as it is!

I added an Eat-O-Tronic for food, and two water coolers for water. Refurbished the lobby restroom a bit, need to find a better sink replacement so it provides water. I cheated on the power, because actually running conduit would be a nightmare. Microfusion reactor from, um, some mod lol And wireless power transmission using the Wonder Power mod. I then push power radiators into the walls to hide them, and that powers 90% of everything. What can I say, I'm lazy when it comes to wiring stuff.

I actually need to try Transfer Settlements between a couple characters to see how much of my renovation work can be carried over. I mean I highly suspect I'll get double walls and it will be horrible lol

A shame there's no way to save a cell and straight up turn it into a mod.

Yup. Beds, water coolers, crafting stations, power source, couple settler work stations, replaced the lobby furniture. Got one settler, does her desk duties, wanders out into the lobby to use one of the chairs, has an assigned bed though I have no idea if she's using it.

I know there are navmesh problems. Settlers won't walk all the way up the stairs. Might be others, I mean the vanilla location is an absolute wreck so the navmeshing is likely horrible. One of those things I need to fix, but at the moment I'm just concentrating on everything else. Totally fine with settlers only using the first floor for now.

I had an issue with settlers leaving the building to walk around outside. That's my next thing to tackle, figure out why they are doing that. I mean they shouldn't be leaving the sandbox, right?

Nothing sinking into the floors/walls & stuff?

I'm asking because it came to my attention that, to be sure you can actually build on floors & walls, you need to add a keyword to statics with floors & walls in your settlement.

WorkshopStackableItem 1

To be exact.

And

WorkshopItemOverlap 8

To help with the snapping/placing of objects (mostly for walls)

Nothing sinking into the floors/walls & stuff?

I'm asking because it came to my attention that, to be sure you can actually build on floors & walls, you need to add a keyword to statics with floors & walls in your settlement.

WorkshopStackableItem 1

To be exact.

And

WorkshopItemOverlap 8

To help with the snapping/placing of objects (mostly for walls)

All that.... probably needs to be done lol Some of the walls work for snapping, some don't. Same with the floors. Of course I've replaced probably 90% of the floors at this point so I'm not sure what is original and what isn't anymore. Same with probably half the walls.

And I know there is stuff that should be scrapable but isn't (desk blotters: can't even use Scrap Everything, gotta console and disable).

Additionally there is a room on the third floor that causes the white flashing graphics glitch. In vanilla there is tons of junk piled in the way so you can't go in there. When you scrap all that debris you get the problem, which means one pile of rubble is somehow precombined. I'm not keen on just clearing all the wreckage and leaving the room open instead of letting the player decide what to do with it, but right now that's the only thing I know to do, clear the door and generate precom and previs.

So, where do those two keywords get added? Like to wall and floor pieces?