Infinite Loading Screen

ericthecleric05

Hi all.

For a few weeks now, Fallout 4 starts normally, but when I try to load a save file, it enters the infinite loading screen. (Normally, it loads after two "hints".)

I'm using less than two dozen mods.

Anyone have any ideas that might help? I've tried verifying the files (via Steam), but that didn't do the trick.

For me alt tabbing out and back in usually fixes the stalled loading

That didn't always work for me.... What was interesting was, I would have resource monitor running in the background, and I would watch who was doing what while the infinite loading screen was happening. FO4 wasn't doing anything..... It was just sitting there burning about 30% of processor time, but, aside from that, nothing anywhere else.......

At one point, Beth had the issue of the infinite elevator ride..... but, they were able to patch that.... I suspect this is a very similar issue, but, I am not holding my breath on Beth ever patching any more of the remaining bugs in the game.

It seems to be all the saves.

Tabbing out didn't help, sadly.

All of your save games? Then it might be caused by a mod. What is the size of your last save game?

Well, I know it may sound silly, but Windows updates can cause this too.. yes, I'm not joking. So maybe you could check your last updates too.

If nothing helps you can start a new game. You progress will be lost but you can transfer your face with Face Ripper and settlements with Transfer Settlements.

You can learn more about the "infinite loading screen issue" here.

Edited by LarannKiar

Hi LK. I tried one of the earliest save games, and it worked. Mind you, that was from 2 hours 20 minutes of the first time I played the game. At least it worked though! :)

I think it might have been a Windows update that caused the problem, but I'm not sure. It could have been a mod.

I know that there are save game flies on this website, so I might try one of those. Thanks for the advice!