Half-Life in Fallout 3

IDidBoratsSister

My suggestion is for someone to make a mod that adds several things from Half-Life to Fallout 3.

Things like:

Characters:

-Gordon (as you. This was already exists though)

-Dog (but smaller and as a companion)

-G man (possibly as a random encounter that disappears, like how he is in half like, all mysterious like)

-Striders (Would make an amazing enemy in Fallout 3!)

-Alyx (Possibly as Amata)

-Vortigaunts

-Headcrabs, and Headcrab Zombies

-Antlions

-Combine Soldiers

Weapons:

-Crowbar

-Pulse Rifle

-Crossbow

-Possibly the Gravity Gun and/or the Organic Gravity Gun

-Possibly the Portal Gun (not in Half-Life, but Portals is a Half-Life Based game)

Other:

-H.E.V. suit (which others have already suggested)

-Combine Armor

Even a few of these in a mod would be absolutely awesome.

A mod with all of this would be like a complete Half-Life - Fallout combination. It's not too likely to happen, but it would probably make the best game ever!

Just a suggestion.

I'd rather go the other way around, Fallout 3 stuff in Half-Life.

The Source Engine is waaaaaaaay better than the Fallout engine. I'm really sick of having my shots blocked by invisible walls from poorly designed and/or implemented structures.

I'd rather go the other way around, Fallout 3 stuff in Half-Life.

The Source Engine is waaaaaaaay better than the Fallout engine. I'm really sick of having my shots blocked by invisible walls from poorly designed and/or implemented structures.

Finally another Half-Life fan!

I agree with you for sure, but the reason why I would like it in fallout is because fallout if more of an open game like GTA, where Half-Life is a more of a play-through game (meaning there's one direct path).

But yeah, Half-Life diffidently does.

I........... dont like it sorry, when i played half life I like the first episode, but then number 2 was wack.... so sorry I disagree.... :dry:

That's pretty surprising. Episode 2 was great. Half-Life is easily one of the best games ever. Obviously you do not appreciate bar-raising games like Half-Life.

I wonder if he meant Half-Life 2 (the sequel to Half-Life), or Half-Life 2 Episode 2. If someone joined the game "already in progress" with the HL2 Episodes then I can see why they'd be a little confused/out of their league/unappreciative of what the game as a whole is.

Yeah I agree about the open-endedness of Fallout being great. I just wish it was in Source so I could blow stuff up and climb on stuff and break things. More importantly, when I'm aiming a few inches over some cover (cement slab, broken window!!!!, etc) my bullets aren't magically reflected by a model's collision hitbox thingy that is much bigger than the model itself.

And wtf is this about not being able to shoot through GLASS??!?!?!!? Even broken windows, it looks broken but really the whole pane is invisible and bulletproof. It makes me cry. );

• 1 year later...

G-Man should be the Mysterious Stranger. Otherwise the player might(and most possibly) be able to kill him. If not the Mysterious Stranger, G-MAn could appear during the halucinations.

Ants could be edited to resemble Antlions.

Radroaches could be edited to resemble Headcrabs; and Feral Ghouls, Headcrab Zombies.

Combine Soldiers could replace the Enclave and Colonel Autumn could be Dr. Breen. As for President Eden, his name could simply be changed into The Advisor.

Vortiguans could replace the Mothership Zeta Aliens.

As for the weapons, there is already mods for the Crowbar and Pulse Rifle(called Ion Rifle[also broken, ask me if you need help with that]).

Also, HEV suit could be a retexture of the Chinese Stealth Armor.