Got a strange message yesterday

varkonasnorse

Yesterday I fired up the game and when I selected 'continue' from the menu, I got rhe following message:

Mods are loaded. However achievements are not active.

Do you wish to continue loading this save?

Yes No

Anybody know what that means? And there's more. The game will play as if nothing happened, but when I go to save it again, none of my saves appear on the screen. It just says 'new save'. If I go to the Main Menu and choose Load, it will show all the saves. What the Berthesda is going on here?

The game I am playing is only like a month old, and there are only like 700 saves total, so it's not a save limit issue. Any answers folks?

Edited by varkonasnorse

I haven't made any new characters, but I did install the SE version of a mod called Outcasts in the Jerell Mountains- Citadel. Seemed to start doing this shortly thereafter, but not right away. Do you think that may have caused it? I haven't had any problems with the mod so far. LOOT keeps putting it in the same load order position (3 times now). My mod manager is Vortex and I see no conflicts so far.

If you use Vortex, you don't have to use LOOT separately. LOOT is a sort of "build in" into Vortex. What you can do if you need other load orders, is in Vortex to change the conflicts. As in load A before B, you can change it to load B before A.

I don't think a mod as Jerell Mountains will do this trick to you, but if you open racemenu and change something, it might that you get sometimes a new save profile. Then you can't see older saves.

Actually, in my experience you can't see the older saves (of other save profiles) to load too except when you first select to show all the saves.

• 2 months later...

It's a meaningless message. Don't worry about it. All it means is that you're attempting to load a save point (the first time) with mods so it disconnects the achievements. There are SKSE mods that re-enable the achievements.