ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

[IDEA] Track modder and modder articles

hlvrn

I have two ideas that I think would be useful. They mainly come from my own experiences. I am developing a huge weather mod and every now and then I upload images of it on my Nexus profile. The images have gotten a lot of attention and I see a lot of familiar people commenting and endorsing each image.

So, if you're developing a mod which isn't released yet, I think two things would be useful in this case:

1) to be able to track a specific account, so you can get noticed whenver they upload a new image, a new file, etc. If you like what a person does, this could be really useful to be able to follow developments.

2) to be able to release modder articles, so you can tell everyone that visits your Nexus profile how for instance mod development is going. This could be useful when a file isn't uploaded yet. It can serve both as a form of telling news, and as a form of asking questions, having polls, etc. which people can comment on and share their feedback on. This would work like file mod articles.

Although, this can be misused. It can be misused by people posting random articles that really has nothing to do with any mod development. However, I see no harm in this, since it's only shown on your Nexus profile and you can already post what random things you want in your "about me" page. Still, a solution to such misuse could be that you first have to start a hidden (non-published) mod page, and then add articles to that hidden mod, which in turn you can decide to be visible on your Nexus profile. That way, you'd have to connect articles to a mod, which would most likely remove most possible misuses.

Not only would these things help everyone to follow people mod developments much, much easier on Nexus. It would also help the modders to gain more feedback, attention and hopefully also more encouragement with the mod development.

Edited by hlvrn