Radio stutter

Cine_eater

Just download Creative ALchemy. it was made to fix certain problems that vista has with sound... or something. Anyway, just google creative ALchemy, and also, you need to have a creative sound card. I have the Creative soundblaster audigy 4, and it works fine for me on 32 bit vista. Be warned though, the download can be pretty difficult to find... haven't done it in a while, but i remember it was a female dog. hope that helps.

I have played Fallout 3 a few times through with a few mods here and there, and just ended up tolerating the music stuttering, as the .esp fix did not work on my pc.

Having decided to play Fallout 3 again with an overhaul of 100+ mods, I wanted this stuttering fixed. I tried the troubleshooting help listed here to no avail. Most of the codec and MADfilter attempts made it much worse. Then I came across Sativa420's post. I though, wtf?, let's give this a try. Shaazzzaaam!!!, this creative ALchemy little diddy worked. My radio music stuttering is gone! And my game has a much overall deeper and richer sound experience. Thanks for posting this tip.

Windows7 64bit

Creative X-Fi

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

@Tortured Tomato- u, sir r a f'ing GOD!!! i've looked 4 SEVERAL months 4 a fix 2 my problem: game plays fine(though i DID do the d3d9.dll,FALLOUT.ini, & Fallout_Default.ini fix: bUseThreadedAI=1 & iNumHWThreads=2 respectively), BUT i would get fps "hits" whenever the talking stopped & the music was SUPPOSED 2 play ON MY PIPBOY. u mentioned the 1 thing i HAD NOT found anywhere else: DISABLE/UNINSTALL ARCSOFT! that did it 4 me! i got it as a way 2 watch t.v. on my pc as THATs where i spend most of my time anyway. well, long story...less long, once i uninstalled ArcSoft, and clicked YES 2 delete all associations(once it asked, showing mp3 "enhancer" i knew i was on the right track), & restarted my pc all was as it shouldve been MONTHS(seriously, since Jan/Feb of this year, dude. i kid u not!...sorry, im jus so dang giddy right now...like a schoolgirl- hee hee, ahem). anyway i jus wanted 2 give props 2 u, eventho this is an OLD(ok ancient)thread. arcsoft must go, ppl!

anyhoo, here goes the cursory mention of my specs n case it helps anybody else:

win7(SP1) 64-bit

i7 3820 @ 3.60GHz

16GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB

Soundblaster Recon Fatality 3-d(prof ed)

full dlc package:

anchorage

pitt

steel

lookout

zeta

mods(All from nexusmods.com):

weight.esp

fruit roll-ups.esp

breath of god.esp

UPP Packs 1,2, & Quest Pack

Hamada & IPip Radio(only while attempting 2 fix sound issue, tho i think ill keep 'em now)

Dimmons Type3 Body 3.5(w/armor replacer, V2 Texture Pack, & 3F Body Replacer, yes i do unabashadly love titties, so there!)

tmi? i don care! my shiznit WORKS!!!!

thx again, dude!

• 2 months later...

Still trying to correctly configure my sound settings, after trying almost any fix...

This is what I found out (dunno if this is already mentioned somewhere):

Im running 32bit Vista and have onboard Realtek HD Audio.

1st goto Realtek HD Audio Manager (in your taskbar or find it in control panel) and check to see if your speaker settings are correct. (stereo if you only have 2 speakers for example)

2nd and most important goto "Default Format" tab. By default this setting is at 24 Bits, 48000 Hz (Studio Quality), at least on my computer.

Select 16 Bits, 44100 Hz (Cd Quality). (I figure because the radio mp3 files are 44100 Hz)

This removed the radio stutter on my pipboy, now if I only could get the wasteland radio's to play any music...