How to properly package/export mod?

bleakraven

Hi!

I just finished a major milestone in my mod and I was trying to give my mod to a friend so he could test it on his machine. I grabbed all the scripts folder, meshes and textures and gave it to him. However, it seems most things were broken when he tried it out...

Is there a way to properly package a mod? The CK function seems broken...

Thank you!

afaik you just grab all the files you modified and the folder structure into a zipped archive and he/she can install using NMM (Add mod - By file, easiest way). This seems to work fine for me (but I just work with textures and meshes). I dunno your mod, so I dont know it's dependancies.

make sure the structure is

Data\ ...

eg.

Data\meshes

Data\textures

Data\scripts

You should rename your fragment scripts (when you compile them). In fact, more modders should do this....but anyways, rename them to conform to your own naming scheme and they should be easy to find.

Edited by ripple

Won't they be messed up if I do? :o

No. Hmm...just so we are on the same page, we are not talking about renaming the files by manually editing the file name in Windows Explorer, but renaming the script when you compile them in the CK, where there's a tab that allows you to rename the script.

Edited by ripple