Xbox Reveal

JimboUK

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That rumoured next ceo seems legit to me, unless Steve Ballmar has stepped back his pledge to leave the company.

If he is the replacement, its high possibility.

Edited by Thor.

This is at 720p as well, the performance of this thing is shocking. (skip to roughly 8 mins)

it can't be debunked, do you have a source or actual facts to back that claim up, if not my source material is fact. They may have the same'ish hardware, but the specs are not.

If this guy becomes ceo, you better start thinking ps in the next five years.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/8/5080192/microsoft-ceo-candidate-stephen-elop-bing-xbox-rumors

Elop? the guy who run Nokia into the ground? I'm glad I don't own any Microsoft stock.

yea, to say the PS4 is going to be way ahead of the xbox is just silly fanboyism. i love my PS3, ill get a PS4, i am a Sony Fanboy, but even i admit there isnt much difference between the 360 and a PS3. and itll be about that same difference in PS4 vs X1. to me, a calculable difference would be when you walk up to something, say a posted paper on the wall, and on one console you can read it, and another you cant. something like that. not, omg this console gets on average 3-5 fps more, or what have you.

though on a side note i heard 360s will be down to $100 shortly, and i may just pick one up, Sony fanboyism and all....i dont plan on grabbing a PS4 until February or so. just before Destiny comes out. (which is March IIRC).

yea, to say the PS4 is going to be way ahead of the xbox is just silly fanboyism. i love my PS3, ill get a PS4, i am a Sony Fanboy, but even i admit there isnt much difference between the 360 and a PS3. and itll be about that same difference in PS4 vs X1. to me, a calculable difference would be when you walk up to something, say a posted paper on the wall, and on one console you can read it, and another you cant. something like that. not, omg this console gets on average 3-5 fps more, or what have you.

though on a side note i heard 360s will be down to $100 shortly, and i may just pick one up, Sony fanboyism and all....i dont plan on grabbing a PS4 until February or so. just before Destiny comes out. (which is March IIRC).

The difference is around 40% according to developers, that's quite a margin the PS4 has over the Xbone.

The difference is around 40% according to developers, that's quite a margin the PS4 has over the Xbone.

if that is indeed the difference i hope to see it. i feel like devs said the difference was great on the PS3, but its up to them to use it. i know you wont see too much of a difference when it comes to multi platform games, unless devs actually take the time to develop the game per console, instead of simply porting it over, but i expect to see an obvious difference in exclusives, if the difference really is that big.

I was laughing at the dips in fps, i mean there was massive lag in some parts of that gameplay, at 720p on a Next gen console shouldn't happen.

WOOW i found something that would make the ps4 a far more powerful machine then the xbone, the games only utilize 6 cores out of the 8 but the ps4 uses all 8 of them for games.

news of the ps4 that say otherwise, just the ram is used fro the OS and other processes, 4gb of the ram is used for OS instead of cpu. Though the 4gb gddr5 ram it doesn't really effect it much in performance vs cpu limits like the xbone. Not to mention the xbone also has that limit of OS using that 4gb of ram as well. There is a difference the os also uses the two out of 8 cores, not much to work on, so in a sense final specs of the xbone is...

8 core custom built cpu limited use of 6 out of 8 cores for gaming at 1.75ghz, big bottleneck over the ps4..

gddr 3 ram limited to 4gb for games

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/156273-xbox-720-vs-ps4-vs-pc-how-the-hardware-specs-compare

How dumbed down can a next gen console be.??????

So they would have to cut the actual specs in half if they want to be more accurate for gaming performance and what the developers have available to them

Edited by Thor.

if that is indeed the difference i hope to see it. i feel like devs said the difference was great on the PS3, but its up to them to use it. i know you wont see too much of a difference when it comes to multi platform games, unless devs actually take the time to develop the game per console, instead of simply porting it over, but i expect to see an obvious difference in exclusives, if the difference really is that big.

I think we're seeing it already, Ghosts 720p on the Xbone vs 1080p on the PS4, BF4 is a lower resolution on the Xbone as well, it also looks pretty bad.

then i hope we keep seeing it. one of the best graphics games of last generation was also one of the first games to come out. since, not many games could match it. im talking of MGS4, and i bring it up because i hope devs dont just push the hardware from the get go, then do whatever is fast and easy. i hope they keep at it, and keep pushing the hardware. at least the exclusives.