Xbox Reveal

JimboUK

i doubt Bill had much of anything to do with the xbox in general. its like a completely different section of the company. its like Sony, the people behind the console have nothing to do with the TVs or Stereos, or phones, etc. they only crossover would be to have certain things work between the items, but the CEO of Sony is different from the CEO of Sony America and there are different heads for Sony Entertainment and Playstation and whatnot. as far as microsoft goes, Bill would have had nothing to do with the Xbox One (or those before it).

Actually Hoof, the Sony PS team does occasionally do other stuff. The dashboard electronics, gauges, stereo, and GPS in the Nissan GTR, Japan's premier sports car, were largely done by Polyphony Digital and Sony's PS3 team.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well now this is fishhy, check out he comments at gamespot, they mention some execs that had something to do with Exbones drm and it seems like its some of EA's staff had something to do with it, even though EA claimed they had nothing to do with it.

oops double post but this is news and fishy at that.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/more-layoffs-at-ea-report-6410422

beuneus12

2 hours ago

@HowlPendragon he was hired so he could broker the deal between Microsoft and EA about DRM on used games for the XOne

Revolving door politics and all that

Wonder how long he'll last after that debacle

Quoted for reference

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/12/ea-did-not-lobby-for-used-game-drm/

Edited by Thor.

Yeah, I've had GT6 on predorder since the day they announced the release date XD It's gonna kick all kinds of ass. You seen the trailer yet? that's one of the things that really got my mouth watering. No PC shenanigans, no fake FX, just an old-fashioned gameplay trailer. I mean, it's honesty like that-showing off how the game WILL ACTUALLY LOOK rather than showing what the game would look like on a $10,000 gaming PC with 150 mods on, that makes me like Sony, and in particular Polyphony. Poly didn't even try to hide the fact it's still a little jaggedy up super close, or that some of the grass textures aren't exactly world-beating, but it did do what it said on the tin; actual footage of GT6 running on PS4.

I'm not even remotely surprised MS is making satan's deals with EA. They made one with Foxtel in Australia last year-that was probably the last straw for my XBL membership. Once they signed the deal, whenever you logged in you were inundated with loud, unskippable, unblockable advertising for literally almost everything on Foxtel, and required to download Foxtel IQ in order to use the console. I suspect Fox are at the core of MS' E3 being more about TV than gaming.

Edited by Vindekarr

Sense you came in first overall in Le mans Nurburgring 24 hour i can see you owning gt academy :biggrin:

Lol i take back whatever i just said, but that article did seem fishy at the time, and i swear i saw someone with the same username as the one just mentioned on that comment in this forum :blink: good memory for that sort of thing :confused:

Edited by Thor.

Yep. Been playing racing games since age 8, 20 now, I got a lot of experience with 'em and I've got real-world trackday experience aswell(although mostly on a motorbike) Although that doesn't mean I'll own the GT academy. My online fortunes have been patchy; I tend to do very well in rally games(I was in the world top 10 for Dirt 3 on Xbox 360 for a few months straight) enduros and formula racing, my vulnerability is my somewhat limited reflexes, my strength being I tend to be as consistent in lap times as a robot and have a very long attention span. Overall though, I'm mega-psyched about the PS4 and GT6 in particular. For one thing it's the only game so far that's given us a warts-and-all trailer for what the next-gen is going to look like. And even with the warts, it's not far off a maxed-out PC game of today.

Edited by Vindekarr

Not scrapped, they tried to pull a swiftey on us; they're not part of the console, they're part of the games, so MS can say "oh, it was the dev's fault" Nothing has changed, they still think we're stupid and I still hate them.

For me, probably the biggest thing Sony has going for them right now is their "back catalogue" I play a lot of older(2005-10) games, aswell as modern AAA, and one of my favourite things about both Steam and the PS store is their massive collection of old games-some of my favourite games I've gotten for under $10 as downloads, such as Galactic Civilisations II a few weeks ago, a game I'd never heard of until a Steam sale, where I picked it up for $19 with all it's (many, many) X-pacs, and almost instantly fell in love with it's shear depth and complexity(it can literally give you a headache-this is a SERIOUSLY hardcore TBS game)

By not stocking backwards compatible or classic games, and only focusing on new stock, MS are hugely limiting themselves. Not only is there a substantial number of players who don't have the money to keep their cabinets stocked with new AAA games, but I think I'm speaking for a large portion of the gaming community by saying that some of our favourite games-and some of the best ever made, aren't new anymore, and by taking those away, they've done themselves a great disservice. I know I probably spend half my time in gaming, playing older titles, about half my Steam library is pre-2010

Edited by Vindekarr