mssmjscss

Novi Orbis?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How good is the idea?

• Pretty good!
    • I don't know...
    • Pretty bad!
    • Cheese, for EVERYONE!
  2. 2. How good is my support for you, on a scale from 1 to 5?

• Pizza.
  3. 3. If at all, how will you help?

• Producing
    • Graphics Design
    • Sound Design
    • Level Design
    • Main Testing
    • Sound Testing
    • File/Download Organization
    • N/A

Project Novi Orbis:

I was thinking, "What if I made a mod that was a whole new world?"; granted, this seems rather common, but then I began to ponder, "What if this new world (hence, where I got Novi Orbis from) had such people as the Enclave and the Caesar's Legion, but they were native to this new world, and thus knew nothing of your past?"; this way, you may live your desired path, be it for the Legion, for the Enclave, for the Brotherhood of Steel, or whatever. Also, the layout would be a few cities (with an "embassy", with quests that can change who controls said embassy, and with churches for the games' religions, etc.), many tribal/raider villages, and several wildlife areas (for ambiance), and in the shape of an island. If you've gathered what I've just said, you'd think something to the letter of "That sounds a little lazy", or "That sounds like a lot of work--good luck!"; if I had enough support and general ability to do it, don't you think I'll have posted the completed mod in the Mod Directory, instead of the request for it in the forums?

To this note, you probably now think, "There's no way I'll help you!" or "I wish I could help you, but, I'm a little stuck myself", and to be honest, I can understand either case, but I want, nay, I lust for this mod, this Novi Orbis, to be birthed by several persons, and not necessarily me! Of course, what I can provide for, aside from the idea for the mod itself, is any testing, since I'll have a better chance at that than if I were to assist you otherwise.

If you say something like "Nonsense--it can be done!", then I give my thanks; if, however, you instead say something to the letter of "You fool--it cannot be done!", then why exactly are you reading this, rather than doing something that you should be doing?

The only credit that I will request for in making it is simply my name somewhere, like "Special thanks to mssmjscss", or something like that. If you need to know more of how it must be, like "What is the land like?", or "How big is the map?", or whatever else, simply leave a comment asking it, and in time, from a split-second to a month, I will reply with whatever necessary answer for your question there is.

Edited by mssmjscss

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This reminds me of the many Star Trek Original Series episdoes where they always seem to find an "Earth-like" planet. They even made up a Star Trek lore explanation called the Hodgekin's law of parallel Planetary development to explain away why one planet to another had so much similarities.

Political Map WITH Grid:

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a584/mssmjscss/FonvnoPoliticalMapWithGrid_zpsded3de30.png

Political Map WITHOUT Grid:

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a584/mssmjscss/FonvnoPoliticalMap_zps074d2ff5.png?t=1371701558

Map 1:

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a584/mssmjscss/map1_zps355dd56b.png?t=1371701625

Map 2:

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a584/mssmjscss/map2_zps867a7aca.png?t=1371701674

These are mostly to give a general idea of what the map itself would look like; if you think otherwise, do show your own version based on one of the "map#" images.

I forgot to mention that my previous post on this thread was to give a somewhat clear picture of what we're (or perhaps just you guys are) doing.

If you're supporting this mod idea, please leave some reply confirming it, if none else--I'm not exactly perfect at keeping track of people, you know!

EDIT: I also wanted to point out that the "embassies" would change the political map by a scale that is anywhere between a little change and a drastic change; also, religions may or may not be politically involved, such as Oasis being a Treeminder theocracy.

EDIT2: I additionally wanted to point out that the political map merely designates where civilization would be, with the possibility for wildlife to be "part" of those territories; conjointly, the "map#" maps are heightmaps that have inverse values...send.

Edited by mssmjscss

I just can't wait for this to become a reality...if it will.

So far, my latest ideas:

• What if you could register for citizenship in the nation-like factions? It would make the player a part of said faction, but the player could easily cancel said registration.
  • What if you could join a religion faction, much like the previously mentioned "registration for citizenship"? You could get such tasks as "Finding the Holy Lands", or something; also like the citizenship thing, you could "denounce your faith".
  • What if the territories were more barren of sapient life than I'm thinking? Granted, it would make it seem like more of a post-apoc, but the whole "reputation" feature in New Vegas would impede the fruitfulness from "being more natural".
  • What if there was content from Fallout 3? Y'know, like Oasis armor, &c.
  • What if there were repeatable quests that determine ownership of the embassies? That would make the mod feel more re-playable.

If you have any ideas, I'd like to hear them!