⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Could Someone Please Review my Build?

DressToImpress

Hello,

Currently I have a $120 laptop that runs Minecraft at lowest settings at about 15fps. Yeah.

Anyway, I'm getting quite a bit of money and I would like to make a gaming PC.

The only problem is I am a COMPLETE noob. I've never done anything like this ever.

Some requirements are it has to be able to pretty much play any game at ultra settings, and it needs to be VERY compact (like a console) because I need it to be portable.

Here is what I've got so far: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1jVrp but I don't know if everything will work!

The only thing I do know is that the 90 watt PSU that comes with the case isn't good enough, but I can get another one (correct me if I'm wrong).

Also, if there is a part that is really bad, tell me please.

Thank you.

PS. I really like the case, so if it's possible, try and make it so I don't have to replace the case.

Hello,

Some requirements are it has to be able to pretty much play any game at ultra settings, and it needs to be VERY compact (like a console) because I need it to be portable.

Hate to say it, but you won't ever get that. Even if money wasn't an issue, higher end components, like videocards, take up a very large amount of space. As with the whole Laptop/Desktop thing, portability means usually means losing performance or paying 3-4 times as much.

Hello,

Hate to say it, but you won't ever get that. Even if money wasn't an issue, higher end components, like videocards, take up a very large amount of space. As with the whole Laptop/Desktop thing, portability means usually means losing performance or paying 3-4 times as much.

That looks to my eye like a slim chassis or smaller and in my personal experience those are not easy to get components for to upgrade because space is very limited.

What about the setup I have now?

save $100 and get the 3670k. you dont need the 4770k for gaming.

also, for a portable case, i recommend a Bitfenix Prodigy Case. its an ITX Case and it has handles. the price is just slightly more expensive then your case. plus they come in a variety of colors available lol.

and you dont have a PSU picked out. the case you have picked out has a 90W one, but thats not nearly enough. i would recommend a 650W. should be plenty for you. preferably Seasonic or Corsair 80 Plus Gold.

save $100 and get the 3670k. you dont need the 4770k for gaming.

also, for a portable case, i recommend a Bitfenix Prodigy Case. its an ITX Case and it has handles. the price is just slightly more expensive then your case. plus they come in a variety of colors available lol.

and you dont have a PSU picked out. the case you have picked out has a 90W one, but thats not nearly enough. i would recommend a 650W. should be plenty for you. preferably Seasonic or Corsair 80 Plus Gold.

I do know about the Bitfenix case but that one's a lot bigger than this one. I want it to be about the size of an xBox 360 (if possible).

two things you gotta watch out for though. will your GPU fit? some ITX cases are built so house GPUs (such as the Bitfenix Case) however, many ITX cases are meant to be a small form factor HTPC or something, which dont usually use GPUs.

the other thing is air flow. the smaller the case, the less airflow it may have (again, this isnt the case with every single case, but some of them, and especially the lower quality ones) add onto that all your cramped components which could be putting out a good amount of heat (it is a gaming rig after all) and you get a nice little mini oven (hyperbole, but you understand my point)

i recommend the Bitfenix case because a lot of LAN gamers use and recommend them. its been put through its portable gaming tests and been approved.

It's this simple. You can have portability, or you can run on ultra settings. For your budget, you're not getting both.

Within a micro ITX or ATX case, you're not going to be able to fit those components you've listed. Not only are the parts too big to fit, but you don't have enough power to run it. Even if you could somehow fit it all in, and you'd have to break the laws of physics to do that, it wouldn't even run anyway because that PSU is a piece of junk. If you want something the size of a console, buy a console. The only PCs that are console sized are either pitifully weak or ludicrously expensive(oiver fifteen thousand dollars)

Forget about portability, if you're going to get PC like performance, it's not going to be portable. If you want portable, it's going to be pitifully weak. If you want to run on ultra settings, I'll lay out this build. If you want portable, get a PS4.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1k0BR

THIS will do what you want it to do. Forget portability, unless you're willing to spend at minimum $6000, you're not getting portability.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1k0KL

And THIS is what I use currently. Look at my AWESOME optical drive! it's the highlight of the entire build!

Edited by Vindekarr

if your buying new, you might as well get Haswell though. same price, slightly better performance, no reason not to.

also you dont need a full Tower. you can get a Mid Tower and be fine, save some cash and size and if you really wanna bring it somewhere, youll have a much easier time carrying a mid size tower then a full tower.

also you havent explained why you need portability? is it for LAN parties? or is it so you can bring it to college? or what? what do you plan on doing with the PC?