Skyrim Memory Patch - fixing ILS, uGrids CTD, freezes! (For REAL)

Aminados

Hi all, I'm not sure that I have works correctly Memory patch in my Skyrim

and now it looks like my SKSE.ini

[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1
[NotPlacebo]
GiveFirstBornToSheson=1
[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=512
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256
[Display]
iTintTextureResolution=2048
And here are my MemoryBlocksLoglogging of blocks enabled
logging max values only
Timer disabled
Block1 Block2
256MB 256MB
85 8
85 8
85 9
85 10....
Please indicate that I misspelled or send me the right SKSE.ini with Memory patch
Edited by bruiser96

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm using SKSE 1.7+ but I'm stilling crashing very often, I decided to install this patch and yet I crash ALOT Help? I dont even have the steam log in my documents file.. It's really weird I have the DLL installed and the SKSE.ini in the right place, but nothing seems to work.

Hi all,

I'm currently reinstalling a ton of mods, after completely uninstalling the whole game then reinstalling it (this time with beautiful enb goodness). I didn't find out about this "patch" until too late.

Coming at it now, so far, so good in testing, but there's still a lot of mods to go.

I've been wondering about the 512/256 figures for the ini settings.

I've a pretty sweet system, win 8, 16mb 2400 RAM, I4790k @ 4ghz, 4mb R290 card ... would I see further smoothness/improvement to setting the figures to 1024 & 512 (as a previous poster has), or is there some sort of risk to doing that?

Regards,

Ian.

• 1 month later...

So let me get this straight: There are 2 memory budgets, the first memory budget is used for loading everything in the immediate area after starting the game, loading from a save game, after fast travel, when transitioning to a new area and when crossing a uGrid threshold. The second memory budget is used for objects that are loaded in to existence as you walk around the world, this data gradually transitions in to the 1st memory budget the longer it remains loaded in to RAM and old data is gradually discarded from the 1st memory budget when it is no longer relevant/too far away. A fool proof system if the memory budgets match the metrics used to determine how much memory the game needs!

The crash issue arises when too much data needs to be loaded in to the first memory budget when performing any action that would cause the amount of data contained in the first memory budget to exceed its maximum! There may be rare instances in the unmodified game where this is possible and a very high chance of it happening should the user modify how many uGrids are loaded at any one time.

Should the 2nd memory budget get full than the game will just forcefully unload old data from the 1st memory budget and transition some of the data from the 2nd memory budget in to the first memory budget to properly handle the new data, so it isn't too big of an issue if the second memory budget gets full so long as the first memory budget isn't simultaneously full.

Is all of that correct assumptions?

Edited by Franpa

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've been wondering about that max 512. mine haven't reach to 512 or just close to 250 and it cause a problem or CTD.

I tried using only Frostfall,WetandCold,Winteriscoming,Ineed and cloak. (5monds only) i still got random CTD's and it only reach up to 200 or 250 most.

i'm using latest SKSE. with that 768 & 256 settings.

T_T

• 4 weeks later...

be aware that you very likely no longer need this mod if you use Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE) because that program has recently incorporated these changes in to it self.

Hi everyone. I recently updated skse to 1.7.1 and am using the block allocation in skse.ini. I am currently experiencing CTD because my block is reaching over the default 512 as seen in the memory blocks log from ssme. When I try to increase block 1, even a little bit, it CTD's at the main menu. The only partial success was setting it to 1024 (1280 in ini) and block2 to 512. But that just CTD's after loading the save game. Any ideas? For now I have turned down my ugrids to 7 from 9 and block1 stays at 499.