Dark Souls 2 released

Rennn

I've tried to stay away from anyone information about ds2 till its release on PC but I've gave in and seen a few streams.

I bought the game from greenmangaming for 30 dollars plus they gave me another 12 dollars of store credit

Pretty good deal

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i said it before, but i just need to reiterate how horrible the lag is in this game. playing solo, the only lag is in the menu system. takes several seconds for the game to realize you exited dialogue and want to sit at a bonfire, or that you are opening/closing your menu.

online however, you get floating phantoms, enemies taking hits equal to 3x their health because the game isnt registering their health fast enough. you get rubberbanding enemies and phantoms...the only place it isnt bad is boss fights. bsos fights seem to act just fine (though phantoms still rubberband) but the bosses dont, and the health seems to go down regularly on a per hit basis.

but yea. its bad. real bad. and real annoying.

summoning seems to fail A LOT. its not as bad as Dark Souls originally was, but its no where near as solid as Demons Souls. idky they cant get it back to that level of polish. Demons Souls is still by far the game with the most amount of polish imo....but there are plenty of people to summon atm, so failiing doesnt mean much as you just move on to the next sign....i still havent been invaded though (not that im complaining)

i said it before, but i just need to reiterate how horrible the lag is in this game. playing solo, the only lag is in the menu system. takes several seconds for the game to realize you exited dialogue and want to sit at a bonfire, or that you are opening/closing your menu.

In single player, I'm thinking that's from the PS3's abysmal lack of RAM. Usually, as you said, menus take several seconds to open. I've also had a few times where they opened instantly, and it took several seconds to load the icons. Hopefully it reflects well on the PC version, since if the menu textures, text, and icons are too large to load instantly on the PS3 they'll probably look nice at 1080p.

• 2 weeks later...

Spells are what is OP is hell now, even to a greater extent than they were in Dark Souls. The cast times for spells can be a whole lot quicker in this game, and they're also harder to avoid do to the improved tracking. All the backstab fisherman that played Dark Souls 1, have probably made hexers in Dark Souls II to oneshot people with. If great resonant soul doesn't oneshot you, it will definitely 2 shot you even with 2500 HP. Its not impossible to avoid it, but a spell that fast that can do 1500+ damage is pretty ridiculous. We're talking a spell with the speed of soul arrow that hits like a bus. That is basically = to a backstab with a very powerful weapon. WOTG in this game also does a ridiculous amount of damage. Someone oneshotted me with it in PVP, and I had 2100ish HP. It looked like they were getting ready to use great heal or something and I went in to attack to try and knock them out of it and it took all 2100 HP away. Also hexers got climax too which is just a stronger version of great resonant soul, but it uses all the souls you're carrying. Its not really that viable to use that often, but it hits for 2500+, or a guaranteed oneshot in PVP with a clean hit. Will even do about 1500 damage past a shield that only has about 50% dark block. Sunlight spear can also 1hko if they got around 1600 HP, its a little stronger than great resonant soul, just a bit slower cast, and harder to land. And soul geyser, if you can actually hit someone with it is also a oneshot. Never follow a sorcerer into a narrow corridor/bridge, because that is the perfect place to cast soul geyser, and you won't roll through all the shots. Don't give them the spacing to get that off in that situation. Way too many spells can 1hko in this game!!

And for PVE, Soul Geyser is really OP, you can oneshot lots of bosses with it. The spell is basically a shotgun of soul spears, and if all hit the same target you're looking at 3500+ damage easily. And you also got lightning spears which are the best spells for sniping targets with. You can use binoculars in this game to manually aim spells, no crosshairs but the middle of the screen is where the spells will aim at. There are a lot of very dangerous ambushes you can eliminate by looking around and sniping mobs off ledges that are going to jump down on you after you get to a certain point.

Edited by Beriallord

Spells are what is OP is hell now,

Sounds like someone just had a bad PvP experience.

Spells are better in DS2, to the point where they provide enough consistency that speedrunners can use them. But I think much of the frustration comes from people not being familiar with how to deal with spell casters since they were rare in DS1 and almost nobody used magic in pvp.

i havent played the game in over a week. got to the Lost Bastille...the game just isnt as appealing the third time through (third game that is)

Spells are what is OP is hell now,

Sounds like someone just had a bad PvP experience.

Spells are better in DS2, to the point where they provide enough consistency that speedrunners can use them. But I think much of the frustration comes from people not being familiar with how to deal with spell casters since they were rare in DS1 and almost nobody used magic in pvp.

In this game all you need is a Rebel's Greatshield to deal with casters if you're melee. I infused mine with dark for 100% dark, and about 90% to the other elements. But that doesn't take away from the fact they simply do too much damage.

And the quickest speed run I believe was a guy who used power stance clubs. 1h 45m or so.

i dont understand how they could keep messing up PvP in these Dark Souls games. it was amazing in Demons Souls (not flawless) there was a lot less lag (not no lag) and it was relatively balanced. some clear cut stronger weapons, but you could fight with near anything.

also with the absence of Second Chance in these games, people are less creative, because of dieing being more likely. this sounds like a good thing, but its not. people play with whatever is strongest. period. no creativity. no risks. still not a fan of the PvP because of the immense lag

speaking of lag, i got invaded yesterday. wanna know how i know? because i got backstabbed by an invisible phantom. he showed up AFTER i was backstabbed. oh and that little message that tells you when your invaded, also showed up AFTER i was backstabbed.

im having fun with the PvE though... i took a couple week break, playing Diablo 3 with my gf on PS3, but im back at it again