Site updates: stability, premium donations, endorsements, downloading, apostrophes and full-stops

Dark0ne

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like the reminder addition. I forget to endorse mods all the time, yet am still too lazy to load up their pages. I think it'd also be cool, though, if you could endorse through NMM via the stars, if it's possible.

In response to post #15660160. #15663120 is also a reply to the same post.

Then turn it off, and it won't ever bother you. Dark0ne didn't write "You can change how often this reminder is shown to you, if at all, from within your preferences" for no reason:
http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/users/preferences/
"Global preferences:"
"File rating reminder every"
"<Never>" Edited by DrakeTheDragon

Forcing a pop-up in our face as a reminder to endorse a mod is not something that I need. If I like a mod I will endorse it. I'll be the judge of what I do, not Nexus. This is just going to annoy more people and click that [ x ] have a nice day button. If modders here are that concerned on endorsements, that's really sad... It's like seeking more attention you can't have. Life must suck, eh?

If only we could have a chance to turn off the notification.. Wait. We do? And it's the best practice to launch a new feature to have it active on everyone's account so everyone notices it, and then can turn it off should they wish.

You fail to realise that endorsements affect how visible a mod is on the sites. Usually the default sorting order for searches is "Most Endorsed". So it is a valid concern for people who put a lot of effort into sharing their work with the community, sometimes only to have it get buried away in the lists of thousands of other mods because endorsements are what counts. If you think it's just "pathetic attention seeking" then maybe you should completely remove everything in your user profile because you're, in the end, just fishing for attention to your work as well.

Your condescending attitude towards contributing members of the community is what is sad, not people's desire to get their work seen by a big audience.

Description further down: Most people scroll through everything and just jump to the last lines of the description and ignore what we write. So it's only sensible to place the important stuff where people actually might read it.

I think it's a decent idea, but personally I think showing a list of users' recent downloads on the left of the page with endorse, track, and vote buttons under each mod would be more useful to everyone and would be a more subtle reminder of an unendorsed mod than an "annoying" popup.

I have a small issue with the new abstaining endorsement feature. The mods for which author disabled file ratings cannot be abstained, that's all.

Will apostrophes also show correctly in the descriptions, or in the NMM?

Edited by starfis

In response to post #15660160. #15663120, #15664020 are all replies on the same post.

Wicked girl: you may be the exception, but many people forget to endorse after the endorsing time is up. We can go with that simple example. As a mod author I love it. My endorsements went from zero or 1 a day to 50! And midnight is not here yet. We have lives, it's about appreciation. We give part of our life on earth to making this mods, we will not get that time back.