Creation Kit with Mod Organizer

lofgren

If you are referring to the INI lines that I mentioned earlier, it won't work. I tried it some time ago and could not get anything to compile. And the papyrus script manager had multiple instances of several scripts. So you can use it to possibly look at the different versions but you cannot use it to compile.

Feel free to try. There very well could be something that I had overlooked.

The process for snippets is basically:

1. create and edit the snippet in the editor as usual.
  2. click OK to about three or four error boxes.
  3. locate the snippet in the override folder
  4. open the snippet in notepad++
  5. compile the snippet
  6. return to the CK. Your snippet is now working fine.

Next steps:

1. I have not yet tested this with the kMyQuest variable.
  2. If you create a script with a function in one session, then close the CK and move that script into a mod folder, then reopen the CK and create a new script that references that first script and attempts to use its functions, the compiler will not be able to find the first script until you exit the CK and move the second script into the same mod as the first script.

The good new is that I have some thoughts on how to solve issue 2. If I am correct, this method will also render issue 1 moot. Of course, what are the chances it could be that easy? For now, back to my actual job…

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Late, but i think you guys can just start creation kit from mod organizer , just add it if it isnt there and everything should show up fine

Yes, the CK runs fine when launched from MO. That wasn't ever the issue. It is compiling scripts. The compiler is 64 bit while MO is 32 bit. They don't play nice together.

• 4 weeks later...

so why don't we have a 64bit build of mo then?

Mod Organizer's author's decision.

Since the thread was started, it is now possible to do everything necessary with the Creation Kit and Papyrus compiling.

See the Creation Kit sub-section at this STEP page: http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer#tab=Third_Party_Programs

Then use SublimeText (32-bit portable version if OS is 64-bit). Set it up in MO like any other 3rd party program. Configure it to compile Papyrus scripts (http://www.creationkit.com/Sublime_Text_Setup).

All that, does two things

1. All script types will compile in the CK

2. SublimeText can be used to edit & compile outside of the CK.

Workflow for using ST with MO for both editing and compiling:

1. Associate PSC files with SublimeText

2. Add SublimeText to MO's list of programs to launch

3. Access mod file tree in MO

4. Right click on script file and choose open

5. SublimeText will open

6. Repeat for all other script files wishing to be edited & compiled

7. Close SublimeText ***

8. Go back to MO

9. Launch SublimeText from MO

10. Edit & compile as needed

11. Close SublimeText

Output will be as follows: PSC & PEX files will be placed within the appropriate mod folder in the MO directory structure.

*** SublimeText keeps each opened file in its own tab. So long as that tab is not closed it will reopen each time SublimeText is open.

I just dropped my WIP mod into the Data folder. I know MO is supposed to be in separate folders or whatever but it was already set up there from when I had NMM and I don't want the file paths to be suddenly messed up and for me to have to redo all of them if I move the mod. I just disable the .esp in all but my testing profile. There's nothing that would conflict with it anyway, at least in terms of file replacement.

so why don't we have a 64bit build of mo then?

Mod Organizer's author's decision.

Since the thread was started, it is now possible to do everything necessary with the Creation Kit and Papyrus compiling.

See the Creation Kit sub-section at this STEP page: http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer#tab=Third_Party_Programs

Then use SublimeText (32-bit portable version if OS is 64-bit). Set it up in MO like any other 3rd party program. Configure it to compile Papyrus scripts (http://www.creationkit.com/Sublime_Text_Setup).

All that, does two things

1. All script types will compile in the CK

2. SublimeText can be used to edit & compile outside of the CK.

Workflow for using ST with MO for both editing and compiling:

1. Associate PSC files with SublimeText

2. Add SublimeText to MO's list of programs to launch

3. Access mod file tree in MO

4. Right click on script file and choose open

5. SublimeText will open

6. Repeat for all other script files wishing to be edited & compiled

7. Close SublimeText ***

8. Go back to MO

9. Launch SublimeText from MO

10. Edit & compile as needed

11. Close SublimeText

Output will be as follows: PSC & PEX files will be placed within the appropriate mod folder in the MO directory structure.

*** SublimeText keeps each opened file in its own tab. So long as that tab is not closed it will reopen each time SublimeText is open.

ill give this a try and come back just so this thread has something along the lines of confirmation.

I just dropped my WIP mod into the Data folder. I know MO is supposed to be in separate folders or whatever but it was already set up there from when I had NMM and I don't want the file paths to be suddenly messed up and for me to have to redo all of them if I move the mod. I just disable the .esp in all but my testing profile. There's nothing that would conflict with it anyway, at least in terms of file replacement.

that will only work if your scripts don't depend on any other scripts. else building will just fail because it won't find the ones it depends on.

@darkconsole

Glad you got something to work for you. That MOCK fix did nothing but produce errors for me. If you were able to get it to work, great. I, ultimately, found it unnecessary.

@Matthiaswagg

I used to do that. However, I needed everything in one location with a singular workflow for my sanity.