Steam sale and downloading issues prompts CDN expansion

Dark0ne

In response to post #16469219. #16479084, #16479759, #16487704, #16718579 are all replies on the same post.

I honestly don't know why people are complaining about this new download system. The most I had to wait for a file to be downloaded was like 3 min and that was for like a 44mb file. I say people should stop complaining to Nexus and get stronger internet connection.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #16469219. #16479084, #16479759, #16487704, #16718579, #16823634 are all replies on the same post.

@djghost1133 You talk a load of fanny,

As for me, this auto server select function stops me from easily selecting premium server, to transfer it into my DLs folder, open it up in NMM/make sure if main folder isn't retardly built in the first place. Oh But of coarse downloading... or should i say waiting.. and waiting.. for a 750kb file with a 10-down and 1-up connection. Problem on his side ? I think not, i point the finger to the auto-selector, yes being over-all more efficient allowing the site to handle more load; by cock-blocking users that would much rather manually ''hook'' into the process of downloading to suck-up all them juicy meshes and texturezzz, hum delicious, raw and un-packed data.

In response to post #16822349. #16823579 is also a reply to the same post.

#1) I'm hardwired to a high speed 5mb/s Comcast connection. #2) I'm downloading a single mod at a time. Trying to get a total of 11 mods. And most of these mods are updates to mods I already have. #3) The total size of all 11 mods is 1.4gb. the largest is 127mb.
But to update my above statement. As of this morning I downloaded the 127mb mod and the speed was considerably faster. Was getting average speed of 210kb/s. Not as good as before, but much better than 33-60kb/s before this morning. And the finished file was not corrupted.
In closing, to tidus87lion. A wise man remains silent, keeping everyone guessing if he's ignorant, while a fool speaks loudly, leaving no doubt to anyone, of his ignorance. Edited by Slavemaster4u

In response to post #16629119. #16786104, #16818649 are all replies on the same post.

I'd personally rather have my downloads slowed at peak times than just to have the server cockblock me. Yes, it will take longer to download the files, but they'll continue downloading. There's nothing to stop the user going off to watch TV or take a shower or visit the john or do other things while they're waiting for a download, whereas if the server just outright tells you to sod off, that's an instant blood pressure spike and now you've got to stay by the computer in the hopes that the server will let you start downloading. Maybe it's just me, but having a server just outright nope.jpg me can be a lot more aggravating than just running slowly. Then again, maybe I just have more patience than your average Internet user.

(those who know me are now laughing in uncontrollable hysterics)

In response to post #16822349. #16823579, #16851379 are all replies on the same post.

I don't assume you have poor internet connection or are using servers irresponsibly, but god d*mn, give the Nexus a break. They don't exist to meet your demands, I assure you that if they could keep everybody happy all the time they would. The capabilities of a team's hardware are limited and they aren't going to spend increased amounts of money because you said so. This would result in the Nexus becoming financially unprofitable and being closed or sold. In closing, to Slavemaster4u, don't bite the hand that feeds you. Edited by Fallerent

Does anyone else seem to be having issues with even the NMM interrupting downloads frequently, causing constant need to resume it? I've been trying on and off to download some large files, named NMCs large texture packs 1-3. I only try downloading one at a time, but where normally I would download at 100-200kbs, I can only get tops 75kbs now, and normally only about 45-70kbs. Add this to the frequent interrupts, even through the NMM, which sometimes rarely cause the download to corrupt and stop the download permanently, and trying to download anything that is 1gb in size such as the texture packs is just not feasible. I also seem to notice that when trying to resume the download after it has been interrupted with an error, that I get messages saying that 'server is busy/unavailable...retrying' quite often. Just wondered if this was my crappy DSL internet, or if other were experiencing this and is related to the issue with nexus servers?

In response to post #17430039.

I'm getting the same kind of problem. Although with Skyrim mods it isn't so bad (I get pretty stable downloads, although with larger files there are a lot of times the download stops and I have to manually resume it,) with Fallout NV mods I get, at tops, <15kb/s of download speed with larger files. Right now I'm trying to download FCO and I'm getting 9kb/s. Nine. And it keeps stopping.

I'm really relieved to see that the issue is (hopefully) going to be eliminated soon with the move to CDN servers.