Virus scan reports now visible on file pages, more security incoming

Dark0ne

Thanks. :smile:

I see that virustotal does not need to be downloaded to my computer. It's free to use too.

Since I buy my Download and Upload allowance by the month it's not practical for being a frugal Internet user. I only use installed software because it doesn't use bandwidth while I download larger download packages.

It scans while I download.

Now-a-days I only download when a game or mods doesn't exceed my ISP packages amount Gigabyte allowance.

I find that these days that the new games have to be downloaded. No more of them are installed from a package of CD-DVD or Blu-ray disks to our computers.

During these downloads one (1) game can use twice to almost threes my monthly D/U purchased package.

When I decided to hire the company ISP I bought the biggest package the wireless company had. I wanted to test my usage online the first couple of months. I did what I was doing on the internet at NexusMods/Forum, and all over the Internet, just like before and I used it up and went beyond the limited 50 Gigabytes the first month before the middle of the month.

50 Gigabytes. Now I have trimmed down my use to the lifestyle that my frugal parents might be proud of. I may use ten Gb in a month when I continue using installed games, with no constant down/up MMO old school games that are constantly getting patches or upgrades.

Star Trek patches and adds new features so often it drank several Gigabytes in a month. It, like those who also use that fix it daily, now, or improve it daily routine waste Internet backbone like it is a free candy store for them.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Houston we have a problem

Vanilla Reduced Textures

22 Sep 14 I uploaded the current 8 Main Files

4 of which have been scanned

4 remain ?

22 Sep is not long ago, and with the size of the files it may be expected for them to be put on hold ( is that expected behaviour ? )

.. However, those same four files in the previous version of my mod NEVER received a scan prior to me uploading the new versions.

To clarify - Since this system was introduced, those four files have only ever had the question mark next to them, and have always been pending a scan.

Vanilla Reduced Textures 256 Legendary v23

Vanilla Reduced Textures 256 v23

Vanilla Reduced Textures 512 Legendary v23

Vanilla Reduced Textures 512 v23

All the rest of my files are scanned and proved clean ( again ).

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@KH1253: The Staff of the Nexus has nothing to do with, and no direct say over, the adverts being shown. A 3rd-Party service buys the ad space and then resells it to others. Which ones you see is determined by, among other things, your geographic region (based on your IP address.)

We can, and do, report misleading, obnoxious, or dangerous ones to the broker, but we need the details of exactly which advert, when it was shown (date/time), and where you are located. A screenshot is also extremely helpful.

All that can be put in a Report to the Nexus using the "Contact Us" link found at the bottom of every page.

An addendum to what Thandal said - this practice is not limited to just the Nexus, but is the standard way EACH AND EVERY site on the internet gets it's ads. There is NO internet function to allow a site such as Nexus to control the advertising displayed. Even the large sites use third party advertisers to display ads - All we do is set a location on the page where they are allowed to place those ads. If you ever see an ad here that is outside of those locations, be assured, it isn't from us - it is from some malware you have acquired.

The best way to avoid ads altogether is to go premium - just signing up for premium for even the shortest time means NO ads EVER again on Nexus. This also goes for supporter members - for a whopping UK 1.29. or US equivalent ( about $2.00) no ads - not just for a short time, but for life. No other site I have ever seen does this for it's members. - NONE! For just a small amount more, you can try out premium for a month and still get the NO ADS for LIFE included with the other benefits.

Advertisements and Premium?

Being a premium member does not turn the pages advertisements off until you sign in.

There were so many 13 year olds, bragging about the fact that they were when I first arrived, it was ridiculous.

In the U. S. of A 17 year olds still are not allowed a right to be signing legal contracts in the U. S. until they are 18. Parents have to approve anything they want to get that includes a contract until they are 18 years of age.

The conscientious Parents are not going to pay for Premium, unless the advertisements their children see, before they sign in, are non-offensive to the parents preferences for raising their young. Unless the advertisements are controlled, business will not flourish as much. May not seem like much when it's only a few pennies a year, but in the long run more people will not join.

@Pagafyr - premium and supporter members can also see the adult stuff - and because of this - In the US, if they are under 18 they are legally not allowed to have access to adult material AND, they cannot get a credit card until they can legally sign a contract at 18 - That was the reason for requiring a Credit card to access those parts of the Nexus. It does show they are old enough. :cool: