Israel, and Gaza.

HeyYou

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. There will never be peace there. And both sides are to blame. I don't know what the 'best' solution would be...... but, what we are doing now, (and have been for decades) sure isn't working. John Kerry seems to be more counter-productive than anything else. I read a quote in a newspaper article that stated something to the effect of: "John Kerry is now one up on Bush, he has actually prompted various parties in the middle east to unite.... against him....."

So a three day cease-fire just went into effect, hopefully this will give medical teams time to treat the wounded and get innocent people out of harms way, maybe quickly put together some sort of shelter for the now homeless. But I'll be willing to bet that Hamas starts shooting again before the day's through, they haven't honored any of the other cease fires so why would this one be any different?

------------------

And a few hours later the cease-fire is off. Rockets fired from Gaza, the attack on Israeli forces down in the tunnels which ended in the capture of an Israeli soldier, and yet Israel's just supposed to sit there and let this all happen without a word of complaint.

Exactly how many times is this going to happen before people finally figure out that this group can't be negotiated with?

Edited by josh900

That's the trouble. Politicians are of the firm belief that ANYTHING can be negotiated, or solved by 'talking it out'. Terribly sorry, but, that just ain't the case. We have two sides here, with diametrically opposing views. There isn't any compromise to be reached when one side is dedicated to the destruction of the other.

Both sides are accusing the other of breaking the cease-fire...... of course, Hamas doesn't have a lot of credibility here, given their past performance......

Given that the fondest wish of both sides is that the other would not be a neighbor and that cannot be accommodated by any form of negotiation. It might be simpler if Kerry simply picked a side to support and went home. Since scorched earth military operations are frowned upon in Brussels I simply do not see a military solution. I do empathize with the Israeli position but given water scarcity, diminishing Jewish population percentages, limited land use and definitely hostile neighbors they are going to have to think outside of the box if they want this to end before the 22nd Century.

So a three day cease-fire just went into effect, hopefully this will give medical teams time to treat the wounded and get innocent people out of harms way, maybe quickly put together some sort of shelter for the now homeless. But I'll be willing to bet that Hamas starts shooting again before the day's through, they haven't honored any of the other cease fires so why would this one be any different?

------------------

And a few hours later the cease-fire is off. Rockets fired from Gaza, the attack on Israeli forces down in the tunnels which ended in the capture of an Israeli soldier, and yet Israel's just supposed to sit there and let this all happen without a word of complaint.

Exactly how many times is this going to happen before people finally figure out that this group can't be negotiated with?

Hamas do it every time, I don't why Kerry or anyone else bothers, if the international community want to do something then they need to go in there and free the Palestinian people from Hamas, while Hamas remain there will never be peace, they won't of course, it's easier to bash Israel.

Given that the fondest wish of both sides is that the other would not be a neighbor and that cannot be accommodated by any form of negotiation. It might be simpler if Kerry simply picked a side to support and went home. Since scorched earth military operations are frowned upon in Brussels I simply do not see a military solution. I do empathize with the Israeli position but given water scarcity, diminishing Jewish population percentages, limited land use and definitely hostile neighbors they are going to have to think outside of the box if they want this to end before the 22nd Century.

Israel has demonstrated in the past (and, fairly recently....) that they don't really give a rats' patoot about the UN, or any other global organization, when it comes to their 'security'. I could see them going all the way with this one..... and totally taking out Hamas ability to represent a threat. Quite frankly, I think that would be their best course of action. Distasteful as it sounds.

The US doesn't seem to be doing very well in picking/supporting our supposed allies..... Kerry tried to bring Turkey, and Qatar into the discussions??? (both pro-Hamas...) And he thought that was a good idea how? Is he really that much of an idiot??

Edited by HeyYou

So in today's update on the sheer stupidity surrounding the situation, the UN has condemned Israel... For not share the Iron Dome defense system... with Hamas, and then America for funding the program, but not giving the results of the program to Hamas.

So, Hamas stores rockets and bombs in UN schools and hospitals, launch attacks from them while civilians are still inside, rockets and bombs are found by UN officials, they give the weapons back to Hamas forces, condemn Israel for returning fire and destroying the schools even though Hamas was the ones that endangered it in the first place.

And now, after Hamas breaks a cease-fire yet again, this time by capturing an Israeli soldier, the UN ignores that, and instead condemns Israel for the attack, and for not sharing their defense system with their attackers.

Soooooo call me crazy, but I'm starting to think that a chunk of Hamas's funding is going into the pockets of some of the UN's higher ups, that and/or, the people that speak for the UN have less common sense than I first feared, and really are hopelessly stupid, with little to no understanding how the world works, and have no business telling other countries how to go about defending themselves.

But that's just my opinion and I'm not the brightest bulb in the room, so I could be waaay off on everything I've been saying this whole time.

And Netanyahoo basically told Obama/the UN where to stick it. :) Which I found quite humorous.

Yep, it seems that various 'leaders' do indeed have a permanent case of terminal stupidity. The crack about giving Iron Dome tech to Hamas was classically funny. Why in HELL would you give a defense system to your ENEMY? Seriously?? Should the US give Russia the patriot missile system???

And today.... We have the 'report' from some congressional think tank that Obama's foreign policies represent a clear and present danger to the security of the United States. Gee. Really??? And it took how much money and time for you guys to figure out something that the bulk of the population has known for years????

Idiots. All of them.