Need help with my INSTALL order, if you don't mind...

johnboy3434

I'm going to apologize in advance, because this is probably going to be a pain in the hindquarters for whoever helps me. I have a bunch of mods I want to use (listed below), based on the recommendations from BTB's site, but since there's apparently some overlap between them, I don't know what order to install them in. I've tried twice in different orders, but both times I've ended up with glitching textures, shaders, and what-not. Are some of these simply not compatible? It's the same story with Oblivion and Skyrim, but I'll ask about those elsewhere. It's worth noting that I'm pretty much a noob at this.

I've started over completely with a clean install. After that, I installed seven of the eight official plugins (Entertainers, Bitter Coast Sounds, Helm of Tohan, Master Index, LeFemm Armor, Adamantium Armor, and Siege at Firemoth). I did not installl Area Effect Arrows because I plan to use BTB's version when all is said and done. After that, I installed Tribunal and Bloodmoon. This is from the GotY edition, so they have all the latest patches. If it matters, I also installed the Construction Set. Finally, I used TESTool to clean the GMSTs from the four official plugins that had them. I have all the mod files I want in a dedicated folder. That's where I stand now. I just need to know what the optimal order for installing these is and at what point I should use the various utilities.

The list of mods/utilities I want to use follows. To my knowledge, these are the latest versions, but I welcome corrections if it seems I overlooked something.

"Illyria" (extra face and hair options for female Nords, made to resemble Illyria from Angel)

Morrowind Patch Project v1.6.6

Better Bodies v2.2

LizTail's New Beast Bodies (Mature Version) v3.3

Better Heads v2.0

Better Clothes v1.1 (No Argonian Changes)

Plangkye's More Better Clothes v1.01

CanadianIce's Robe Replacer (NioLiv version)

Darknut's Little Weapons Mod Complete (1024 version)

Darknut's Morrowind Armor Textures v1.1 (1024 version)

Darknut's Creature Textures: Morrowind (1024 version)

Darknut's Creature Textures: Tribunal (1024 version)

Darknut's Creature Textures: Bloodmoon (1024 version)

Darknut's Creature Textures: Addendum (1024 version)

Azura Replacer

Vivec God Replacement (Creature Edition) v1.2

Better Almalexia v1.1 (with BTB's edited armor plugin)

Morrowind Visual Pack v3.0RC1

Connary's Textures vFinal

Mesh Improvements v1.7.1

Correct UV Rocks

Slartibartfast's Texture Fix v2.0

Bloodmoon Landscape Overhaul v1.1

SWG's Skies v3.0

Vurt's Hi-res Skies and Weather

Better Books for Morrowind

Vurt's Hi-res Menubook and Scroll Pack v1.1

Better Dialogue Font v1.1

Particle Arrow Replacer v4.0

Extreme Textures II (only the Spell Effects)

Crosshair Pack II

Alternate Enchanted Item Icons v1.1

Oblivion Septims

Realisitc Blood

Weathered Signposts (BTB's updated plugin)

Herbalism for Purists v1.22

Quick Char v1.2

Hotfusion's Economy Adjuster v1.1 (Merchant Skills and Crime only, BTB's edit)

BTB's Game Improvements

Service Requirements v1.4.3 (BTB's edit)

Talrivian's State-Based Hit Points Mod v2.2

Morrowind Advanced v1.82 (with BTB's edited plugins)

Dark Brotherhood Armor Replacer - Expanded with Ranks

Darknut's Greater Dwemer Ruins, Volume I

The Neverhalls v2.0

The Forgotten Halls v3.0

Daggerfall Book Collection v1.1 (with BTB's edited plugin)

The LGNPC Bundle

Less Generic Nerevarine v1.4

Less Generic Tribunal v2.0

Less Generic Bloodmoon v1.3

Area Effect Projectiles v1.1 [in place of the official Area Effect Arrows]

A Flock of Seagulls

Quieter UI Sounds

Duncan's Atmospheric Sound Effects v3.04 (with BTB's edited plugin)

Illuminated Windows v1.2

Vality's Bitter Coast Mod v4.0 (with BTB's edited plugin)

Vality's Ascadian Isles Mod v2.0 (with BTB's edited plugin)

Xiran's Better Music System (BTB's custom version with his preferred soundtrack)

Morrowind Code Patch v2.1

Timeslip's .exe Organizer

Morrowind Graphics Extender v3.8.0

I understand if no one wants to help me with this, but I'd be very grateful if you could.

First, I would install MCP and MGEXE ( not MGE. MGE is outdated and no longer supported )

Then, I would install the replacers. Among the replacers, I'd install the Connary's first, as it covers almost everything. Then over that, the remaining replacers following the idea, Genaral replacer first then specific replacer.

Then coming to plugins, more than install order, load order is important. For that you need mlox. It helps to sort the plugins.

For managing mods, your best bet is Wrye Mash. Get it from the links here. It can also manage Mesh and Texture Replacers. You can get its complete online documentation here.

Edited by hollaajith

There's also a very good guide to using Mash's installers tab on the Morrowind Modding Wiki

I use Wrye Bash's Installers function for Oblivion and it's fantastic. Whilst Mash hasn't had the love that Bash has had in recent years I am moving my mod installation in Morrowind to Wrye Mash.

As hollaajith says, install replacers first then your other mods. Install patches for mods after the mod they're patching. Generally though most resource file (meshes, textures etc.) conflicts are going to come from the different replacers you use.

Thanks for the help! It seems to be working fine now, except for one oddity: There is a "seam" in the ocean a set distance from my character. I can never get closer to it, and it exists in every direction that there's water. Could this be a small glitch in the "distant lands" feature?

Sounds like the border between what Morrowind renders and what MGE XE renders. If you maximise the view distance in Morrowind (via Options) then that will minimise the seam. If it's still there, then AFAIK and I'm no real MGE XE expert, then that's as good as it gets. Maybe bumping up Anti-Aliasing or Anisotropic Filtering in MGE XE options will mitigate it slightly, IDK.