Elder Scrolls Immersion Overhaul

LordStoic

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didn't realise there was a thread... will check it out. in about a month will have a lot of time at home doing NOTHING snore fest.

edit - thought you meant seperate from this lol. facepalm. all the info sounds good but a little vague for such a huge overhaul. will check back in a fiew weeks.

Edited by riendempsey86

Okay, I have a lot to reply to. Sorry for the wait. :blush:

Okay, SnappyChris, I like your mod. It seems a great project, and has some good work going into it. My mod is going to STRICTLY adhere to established lore, and use that to create exciting new adventures, enemies, and items for the game. Yours deviates too much for my taste (I am a bit OCD when it comes to lore accuracy :geek: )

Okay, for those who want to help, I wanted to start with making variants for items in the game. Add variety to every item type, you know? I suppose we should start with Iron, and can do things such as new weapon types, such as Mauls (2H maces, less damage than warhammer, little faster) or varieties of Swords (Longswords, longer blades, more reach and slower speed)(Broadswords, more damage and even slower speed) and even material variety such as Rusted (less cost and damage, found on weak Bandits and Draugr, rusted look) and Fine Iron (more cost, more damage, found on Guards and stronger Bandits). Most of these can be done with simple retextures, but model work will be needed as well. Send me a message if you have questions, wish to help, or want some more specifics.

As I have said, my computer barely runs CK (but runs everything else great :wallbash: ) and I will need more community help than I thought... I will keep trying though! :thumbsup:

Okay, I have a lot to reply to. Sorry for the wait. :blush:

Okay, SnappyChris, I like your mod. It seems a great project, and has some good work going into it. My mod is going to STRICTLY adhere to established lore, and use that to create exciting new adventures, enemies, and items for the game. Yours deviates too much for my taste (I am a bit OCD when it comes to lore accuracy :geek: )

Okay, for those who want to help, I wanted to start with making variants for items in the game. Add variety to every item type, you know? I suppose we should start with Iron, and can do things such as new weapon types, such as Mauls (2H maces, less damage than warhammer, little faster) or varieties of Swords (Longswords, longer blades, more reach and slower speed)(Broadswords, more damage and even slower speed) and even material variety such as Rusted (less cost and damage, found on weak Bandits and Draugr, rusted look) and Fine Iron (more cost, more damage, found on Guards and stronger Bandits). Most of these can be done with simple retextures, but model work will be needed as well. Send me a message if you have questions, wish to help, or want some more specifics.

As I have said, my computer barely runs CK (but runs everything else great :wallbash: ) and I will need more community help than I thought... I will keep trying though! :thumbsup:

I have a puzzled look at the moment when reading your statement "Yours deviates too much for my taste (I am a bit OCD when it comes to lore accuracy :geek: )" can you please curb my curiosity by informing me where the project goes against lore? It would be feedback that greatly improves the project

Get help from bethesda. kthxbai :dry:

Anyway, your "recruitment" is very blurred. What would you want to add? Remove? Improve? rebalance? More animations? More weathers? More dialogues? Sounds? Mobs? Cities? Books?

How about you start by adding a purely aesthetic backpack on your player? it does nothing, it can't be removed (unless by a power) but it will explain the reason why you can carry 40 pieces of dragon bones on your person. It would show certain things about what you're carrying, like, if you have potions, there's a bandolier of potions or something. If you bring human flesh, then the bottom of your backpack becomes bloody, etc. It's immersion, I tell you.

Or you're probably wanting to add some TES content? Possibly add an arena in skyrim? Well, there's one made by a Mike Hancho guy. He made the Helgen reborn, right?

Or maybe you want armors? To replace the fur armor everyone wears (they're not cavemen anymore) and replace them with fitting 4th era armors? Without being too high poly, using only vanilla resources. It's an overhaul, too!

How about adding riding carriages around? it's not only the dragonborn who uses formal transportation, right?

Anyway, I think you're being too ambitious... sorry... but how about you start on small stuff, like the backpack thingy I told you. Then, work it up, the snowball gets bigger when you roll it about, knowhatimsayin?

I figured the weapon and armor varieties was a good, simple start. That is one of the key things I want in this mod, at least equipment wise. Until that is adequate, I do not believe we can move on to other things.

So, any input or questions dealing w/ that? I need as much help as I can get...