Elder Scrolls Immersion Overhaul

LordStoic

Lord let me help you out so that people have a good Idea of what you are wanting to accomplish and what you are looking for.

Sit back grab a pen and paper, scribble on the paper what you want to change like a scope.. for Instance what I gather is You want to bring Immersion back to Skyrim, well my friend Skyrim is a HUGE place :wink: So break it down to folks, like;

An Introduction, address the Nexians a lot of them will just be happy you took time to address them as part of a bigger world. In that explain why you will be modding like your motivation. Next you start the description of your mod...super important as others have pointed this out. YOU need to sell your mod project so that people will want to jump on. Most people want to know how your mod is going to improve their game...

See this is where a lot of upcoming modders get this part wrong. Modding is about the experience, and the enjoyment you get out of making something. So sell them your Idea that got you to want to mod, not whats going to make them happy because... that will never happen..lol I'm sure a lot will agree it is hard to make a community happy.

Then you say you want to start with armor, that's awesome!!

So ...

Step 1.) Make armor more immersive by: (your ideas here)

Step 2: Retexture armor because (your reasons here)

Step 3: Fix Armor to be more useful(your direction here)

Step 4: type what you wrote in your thread post

Step 5: Submit post and wait for interested people.

Step 6: figure out pc situation, because no one wants to do all the work.

Step 7: Recruit a team perferably a few modders, a scripter and maybe even a modeler or 2 as well. Optional VA's when everything is ready.

Step 8: package mod for Playtest, wait for testers feedback, improve.

Step 9: Submit feedback to team and fix issues discuss testers ideas,

Step 10: Repeat Steps 8 and 9 until mod is polished and ready to rock with minimal to 0 bugs.

Step 11: Release mod with credits to EVERYONE that helped you through your project including testers and fixers.

Step 12: Calm down and mod some more.

*Sorry I typed this part with a toddler on my lap lol

**I fixed it made it lay out nice :wink:

This should get you some results. Hopefully more positive then negative. Also piece of advice.. really get that pc issue fixed and hit the tutorial section, also hit up Quick Questions, Quick Answers Thread its amazing!! Also might want to try a bunch of tutorials as this will open up your skillset. Good luck with your Mod LordStoic

Edited by SnippyChris

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well what kind of issues are you having with pc and ck.. like what are your system specs? and is CK slow loading or not responding for too long, give me some info and I will gladly try to help

lol... Pokemon used to be pretty cool before they came out with a bunch of different videogames just for money..hate commercial type stuff/ So I'm sure you know it takes an average of a few minutes for the CK to open, and then load up esp's takes even longer, especially if you load up all the dlcs too lol. what is your proc and ram speed?