Elder Scrolls Immersion Overhaul

LordStoic

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to speed up the process a little bit, and I managed to load vanilla skyrim in less than 15 minutes, but the DLC's take 30 a piece, and they crash if I get more than 1...

I can do basic things, which is good, but I most definately will need at least 60% community help on this... I believe it can be done, but I need the help... :blush:

Okay, here is the basic layout I have in mind so far as far as equipment...

¨ Materials:

Ø Fine Variant (more damage/cost)

Ø Rusted Variants (less damage/less cost)

Ø All ‘Fine’ variants are unlocked by the next perk, ie ‘Fine Steel’ can be forged when you learn ‘Dwarven Smithing’.

Ø All ‘Rusted’ variants cannot be made, but ‘Rusted’ can be used to craft common versions.

¨ Weapon Types:

Ø Longswords (1H swords, longer blades, more reach/damage, but less speed)

Ø Broadswords (1H swords, wider blades, much less speed/more damage)

Ø Halberds (2H, behave like Battleaxes, longer reach/slower speed)

Ø Double Axes (2H battleaxes, blades on both sides, less speed/more damage)

Ø Clubs/Cudgels (1H maces, simpler, less cost/less damage)

Ø Mauls (2H maces, faster than a Warhammer, but does less damage, benefits from Warhammer perks)

Ø ???

Any input? Ideas? Critique?

I tried to speed up the process a little bit, and I managed to load vanilla skyrim in less than 15 minutes, but the DLC's take 30 a piece, and they crash if I get more than 1...

I can do basic things, which is good, but I most definately will need at least 60% community help on this... I believe it can be done, but I need the help... :blush:

Glad to hear you got it somewhat up and running. Ok what do you mean it crashes with more than 1 dlc? What is the exact error message you get before it crashes?

Okay, here is the basic layout I have in mind so far as far as equipment...

¨ Materials:

Ø Fine Variant (more damage/cost)

Ø Rusted Variants (less damage/less cost)

Ø All ‘Fine’ variants are unlocked by the next perk, ie ‘Fine Steel’ can be forged when you learn ‘Dwarven Smithing’.

Ø All ‘Rusted’ variants cannot be made, but ‘Rusted’ can be used to craft common versions.

¨ Weapon Types:

Ø Longswords (1H swords, longer blades, more reach/damage, but less speed)

Ø Broadswords (1H swords, wider blades, much less speed/more damage)

Ø Halberds (2H, behave like Battleaxes, longer reach/slower speed)

Ø Double Axes (2H battleaxes, blades on both sides, less speed/more damage)

Ø Clubs/Cudgels (1H maces, simpler, less cost/less damage)

Ø Mauls (2H maces, faster than a Warhammer, but does less damage, benefits from Warhammer perks)

Ø ???

Any input? Ideas? Critique?

Now that my friend is an outline someone can understand! And it will help others know what they could be getting themselves into. Also tells your followers what they will be getting in your project. Good job Stoic, glad you have learned from feedback as that is super critical to being a true member of the modding community. Just know that Armor modifications will also be in Veritas as we will have a few armor variants from Morrowind and Oblivion make an appearance.

how about a morale system? if I go into a bandit camp and kill alot of them really quickly, summon ungodly creatures of lighting and rock from tes version of hell, all while using the power of dragons to call a malevolent lightning storm... shouldn't the remaining bandits run away? should only affect non chief bandits of all types, non-briarheart forsworn, non-master mages, non-master vampires, townspeople, and animals. This should not affect quest npcs as that could be gamebreaking. make it a global effect that when certain conditions are met based on level (yours, theirs, the dead...), creature type, your armor and weapon, and spells cast, and apply it to all of said npcs and no others.

Anybody have suggestions, or ideas? I am writing that thing you told be about, SnippyChris, but most of my ideas impact gear, I need ideas for other aspects of the game.

My suggestion for now is to focus on what you have ideas for. That way you can get your project moving, and then once that aspect is finished.. you can move onto say combat, and then potions, and then creatures, and then races, and then perks, and so on. Immersion and Lore require you to edit, create and modify the entire game. Take it one section at a time. Remember you will need a team or you will go insane ;)