Fresh Install GTX780 15FPS

Alskasier

Hi, i have the GTX 780 TI ghz edition so hopefully i can be of some help. I currently have no texture under 4k and grim somber ENB on max settings and some other graphics bits and can run around at 40 fps.

If i read your post right your PSU is 1000w. Mine is a very old 850w and has no problems with running my skyrim.

Do you have MSI Afterburner? That will tell you what power your GPU is running at as well as your core clock speed, current vram usage and even how fast your vram clock speed. run your skyrim for a bit and see what results MSI shows.

There is no doubt that the GPU is being underused, the GTX 780 is more powerful then my brothers entire computer and he can run skyrim on medium!!!

Something to bear in mind although will probably be unrelated is that my first card died after a month, Overclockers who i bought it from replaced it without question and have had no issues since. in fact i'm currently wrestling with it to try and reduce some of the very slight stutter i get wen turning quickly, but with the level of graphics im using thats to be expected. I was even thinking of buying another and connecting them via SLI as i need more vram, which is the only thing that this otherwise beast of a card lacks.

Your CPU is most definately bottlenecking your GPU, mine is 3.41 ghz and is still bottlenecking, but yours should still be plenty for vanilla skyrim

This is probably a silly question but you did plug the power in right? Mine has 2x4pins that need plugging in, obviously mine is slightly different to yours but i would think that the pins would be the same?

Edited by Nazgren

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay. I work very odd, long hours and I do appreciate the help so far. So earlier today I ran a couple tests with vanilla skyrim if I lower the graphic settings to medium and change the view distsntsnce I can keep about 30fps if there are not a lot of characters on the screen. But as you can expect I am not satisfied at all. Texture detail I can live without but I spent this kind of money on the video card with the full expectation of being able to run skyrim flawlessly on ultra and a bevy of graphic mods to boot. when I get a chance later today I will run the hardware tests. As of right now I am just very distraught over this.

Sorry for any mistakes. This is being sent from my phone.

Also skyrim render info was brand new and recognizes my card. With the installation of the video card I basically brought my computer back to factory installation and reinstalled the OS and such. The start up screen if sjyrim set my graphic settings to medium.. which made no sense to me st all.

What specifically did you do ?

Did you restore from an old drive image ?

New O/S install ?

Have all of the Updates been applied ? DX updated ? What O/S is it ?

There is a specific format "How to ask For Help".

We are frogging around because of lack of proper Info from the O/P ......We spend half of the thread dragging out information, because you don't follow the format.

If you want resolution ... We need proper information. Not generality's....

Edited by Reynard131

Quoting Valkasha...->"Like I said, run the skyrim performance monitor, that shows you how much of your GPU is being used.<-- real important, so i will even Link it for you...

SPM (Skyrim Performance Monitor)

This will show us things we need to know..amount of VRAM , how much CPU is used , amount of RAM used , FPS , Threads in use, Amount of VRAM in use. CPU size, list goes on...:)

Sorry guys. First time I was able to get home, download the Monitor and run around Skyrim. So this is taken from the moment that I leave Helgen and while Im running around the world for about 2 minutes. Thank you again for all the help guys.

Is this graph a indicator of anything ?

The graph ,,,,

Even tho you are barely filling your GPU (1 GB out of 3 GB) the GPU is working at 100% , its busy doing TOO much to the graphics you are loading. For instance...

IF i set AA to SLI 64x my GPU will work at 100% even on 1 GB of textures.

IF i set AA to SLI 2 X MY GPU will work at around 60 - 80 % on 3GB of textures.

Have a look at this graph...the early part is an interior, but near end is exterior, notice texture usage near MAX but GPU % still has breathing room. That's a 2 hour run.

Go back to... My First post in this thread...Test it!

Edited by camaro_69_327

Your GPU clock does seem to be running pretty high, not sure what that drop off is, did you alt-tab out at that point to check the resource monitor? Your vram seems to be pretty high for your current skyrim build too.

Do you have another game or another computer you could test the GPU in? either of those would narrow it down to a hardware fault or not a hardware fault.

Sorry for second post so fast but can we get a clarification on this .....you said...

Also skyrim render info was brand new and recognizes my card. With the installation of the video card I basically brought my computer back to factory installation and reinstalled the OS and such. The start up screen if sjyrim set my graphic settings to medium.. which made no sense to me st all.

IF you brought your Computer BACK to factory specs ....then you have the Wrong driver install going.

REinstall a GPU driver. Yesterday Nvidia released a NEW driver...344.11 ( i have yet to try it tho..)<<<EDIT: New Driver 344.11 worked better then last, less stutter , (have to do a comparison screen shot, but thought it looked better.?...lol)

Edited by camaro_69_327

I have it installed already, if there's any improvement over the last one its very slight, but there probably is some in there. I would definitely try updating the driver, OP, its usually one of the prime suspects in this sort of problem. maybe even completely remove every trace of the old driver but that may be overkill until we know it is a driver issue and not a hardware or settings issue.

This is an image of the sort of graphics you should expect from the graphics card that we have and this is with horrible compression!:

http://static-3.nexusmods.com/15/images/110/2142104-1411082481.png

Edited by Nazgren

Thanks for the replies guys. At this point the real stress of this card is broken might be setting in. Let me answer some of your questions first and maybe we can solve my own in the process..

1) Im sorry if my post have been misleading.. this card was installed in May 2014. So I suppose when I said "fresh install" I was only implying as to when I installed the Video Card then. OS (Win7), Drivers.. everything is up to date. Running on 344.11. I don't know if this is useful information, but in the Nvidia Control Panel, it sets the graphics to "Ultra" while the start up window for Skyrim only will go to "Medium."

2) Valkasha, your help is so appreciated its crazy.. thank you for sticking through this crappy situation with me. No, the card was purchased brand new off of Newegg in April. I was able to run games like DOTA 2 and Crusader Kings 2 without any problem at all..(which I know are not even comparable to Skyrim, but not sure if the info is useful or not.)

3) Nazgren, that was an alt-tab after the 2 min mark to check out the resources. Never used the program before so im not sure if that affected the scores at all until the end.

4) Finally, ran Furmark tests:

Score: BURN-IN SCORE: 5434 points

54003 frames, 60 FPS, 74°C

Resolution: 1920x1080 (FS) - AA:0 samples

FPS: min:59, max:62, avg:60 - OPTIONS: DynBkg

I am running OCCT test for an hour as we speak. I am sorry if I am asking dumb questions here. I am very computer iliterate ( if you can not tell. ) Do these numbers indicate anything? From an ignorant view they seem to represent that my card is working properly?