Fresh Install GTX780 15FPS

Alskasier

Can you run those games and others on max graphics without any issues? Heh, I would say dota 2's graphics are much better then vanilla skyrims, that's why you need mods!

So that drop off wasent in game, that's good.

Never heard of the fur mark test but that looks like the fps, etc you should be expecting, the card is running a bit hot though, are you using a fan control program like MSI?

All the information you just gave us points to a skyrin problem. Is that definately a fresh install of skyrim? Did you completely delete the skyrim folder and the folder in my documents so there's no trace of the old install or did you just delete mods that were already there?

There not dumb questions at all, and no, I couldent tell :P and like I said, that's exactly what they represent

Edited by Nazgren

Just got, and ran the new Furmark (1.14.1.2) (i had older version and the numbers you posted made no sense) Now that i can run the same test...holly crap...

One of MY GPU's Throttled (temp went high) you tripled my Score. MY Battery back-up complained i was using to much power..lol it hit 800Watts! The New Furmark is a beast.

You passed the test, without crashing or artifacts so the card should be good and the drivers stable.....Still post how it does in the OCCT test.

Disable (for testing) ALL forms of Vsync , Skyrims, Nvidia's , ENB's . Load the game....in menus you should get 500 FPS and in game you should get over 100FPS...(I do and i only have 580"s)....somethings holding you back.

Which test did you run alskasier? i did one and although my results beat yours in every category you got a higher score?

Edit:

nevermind, i worked it out:

BURN-IN SCORE: 8002 points

79656 frames, 88 FPS, 69°C

Resolution: 1920x1080 (FS) - AA:0 samples

FPS: min:74, max:91, avg:88

it reckons my core is only 500 odd mhz, try doubling it -_-

Edited by Nazgren

Notice the score above....actually the FPS it goes above 60 FPS...the the OPs score looks like this...

FPS: min:59, max:62, avg:60 - OPTIONS: DynBkg

Open Nvidia Control....Check you do not have Vsync set to ON for the Global settings!

I get this _> FPS: min:36, max:70, avg:53 - OPTIONS: DynBkg

SCORE:3203 points (53 FPS, 60000 ms) <<<<,ouch!

Edited by camaro_69_327

only 3k? kinda puts my 8k into perspective :tongue:

What GPU are you using? that was the "burn in benchmark 1920 x 1080 15 min right?

I did some research on this....I am getting "Power Throttled". Nvidia Blacklisted Furmark and others for the 580 line of Cards. As they can draw a ton of power. When a 580 hits a certain power draw, it get Throttled to HALF when a program like Furmark is running, they say this does not happen for games, just "Stress" testing programs.

LMAO...i was getting worried about my 2 580's (SLI) but its all good. No, i just ran the "Benchmark Preset" 1080.

Not worried as i can run Prime 95, Furmark, Tes Mark all at same time and Pull 8 AMPS from the wall!!....hahahha

Edited by camaro_69_327

Ah, the score system for the benchmark preset 1080 is slightly different, being 1/15 of the 15 min one. my score for the one you did was:

SCORE:5326 points (88 FPS, 60000 ms)

Max GPU Temp: 69°C

Resolution: 1920x1080 (FS) - AA:0 samples

FPS: min:88, max:91, avg:88

There are people on the site with 4x titans getting over 20k scores, utter madness.

Hi guys,

First and foremost thank you for all the help. I believe that I have drawn the conclusion that it is in fact my video card. After much testing (which oddly came up correctly) I can not even get over 16 FPS in the beginning scene of Skyrim when you are a prisoner on the cart. With my purchase of the 780 Batman Arkham City came free. I decided to install it, finally, and see how that would run. I cant even get throught the opening scene without stutters, bumps, loading screens, etc. This is very depressing but likely I still have a warranty to rely on. I have decided to take my computer to the local repair shop on monday to get a second opinion, but hopefully, all I will need to do is replace my video card and call it a day. Thank you so much for the help, the advice, and your patience. Im sorry if we were bouncing around but I truly did attempt to follow the "Help Format" post from the start. After I receive my video card and run skyrim once more I will let you all know how it goes. Again, thank you.

Hi guys,

First and foremost thank you for all the help. I believe that I have drawn the conclusion that it is in fact my video card. After much testing (which oddly came up correctly) I can not even get over 16 FPS in the beginning scene of Skyrim when you are a prisoner on the cart. With my purchase of the 780 Batman Arkham City came free. I decided to install it, finally, and see how that would run. I cant even get throught the opening scene without stutters, bumps, loading screens, etc. This is very depressing but likely I still have a warranty to rely on. I have decided to take my computer to the local repair shop on monday to get a second opinion, but hopefully, all I will need to do is replace my video card and call it a day. Thank you so much for the help, the advice, and your patience. Im sorry if we were bouncing around but I truly did attempt to follow the "Help Format" post from the start. After I receive my video card and run skyrim once more I will let you all know how it goes. Again, thank you.

Hi guys,

Well I really doubt that it is Hardware...How long had you been on the same windows installation ?

I really think that just reinstalling windows will straighten it out It acts like there are registry issues.

The quick and easy fix is simply re-install in 30 min you will be back up and running.

if that does not cure ... then consider RMA....

Edited by Reynard131