⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Hello. I require help with Merged Patch (Tes5Edit)

Frostelis

Hello,

I reinstalled skyrim recently and been modding it for 12 hours now. I'm running out of space/slots for mods soon and I decided it's time to create a merged patch to free up some slots. I read carefully of what mods can be merged (so I could actually untick their esps's later).

Basically leveled list mods/scripted mods/mods that add castles and that sort of thing cannot be merged as I understand.

SO I went ahead and only merged around 80 or so armour and weapon mods which contain no script folder(therefore I assume they contain no scripts), and which contain no level list changes (items are placed in the world in a single spot or are obtainable through crafting).

I am all happy that this should work, I make a merged patch (dbl click/other/make merged patch/name it) quit tes5edit, untick the related esp's and.... About 1/3 of items appeared ingame (or less) and the others are not available (crafting, I have the perks required)

For example I merged Crainte Vomir greatsword, berzerk armour, Witcher armour models, The Bastard greatsword, Hirli, Luna, Terra greatswords (all available only through crafting) and they do not show up, except for the Berzerk swordsman armour and conan swords and few other item mods that I merged.

What am I doing wrong guys ? I must have failed at some spot. Can you pinpoint me to a really good tutorial which would actually explain in detail what to do ? Or better yet, explain what I'm doing wrong and how to do it Right ?

Thanks you in advance,

Kind regards

A merged patch in Tes5edit merges just a few records to make these different plugins work with eachother, as the name implies it is a patch not a merged plugin. It is a bit like bashed patch except for leveled lists where it is a bit inferior since it ignores bashed tags and both still usually still require original plugins..

In other terms what you are looking for is the merge script which is maintained separatly from Tes5Edit. I am on my phone but by typing merge script in searchbar of nexus you should find it's page.

Nyquist is correct. My script is exactly what you're looking for.

What can't be merged is actually a lot less that you think. Most mods are mergeable, with only a few special cases in which you should avoid merging them. When v1.7 is released this list will get even smaller.

If you have any questions feel free to post in the comments thread for the script.

Edited by matortheeternal